imposition with print gang option

Started by aerotisk, November 29, 2015, 04:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aerotisk

I am searching for a solution of imposition sw that is able to do automatic job ganging - for example we insert different pdf files in various sizes, add quantity for each and the program suggests best impostion and value (end paper size) etc, as well as produces correctly imposed pdf file. This way we unite all daily orders of small quantities (f.eg. leaflets) into one big sheet and print it next day.

Anzone using something similar?

Thank you in advance.
EU print house: #aerotisk @ www.centertiska.net

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Farabomb

Back in the day there was a version of Preps 5 with ganging but that's quite old by now. Not sure about the newer versions.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Yeah the newer version has it as well.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

aerotisk

Quote from: mattbeals on December 02, 2015, 10:56:24 AMMetrix?

Isn't this Dimps rebranded? Great solution in theory, but would love to test it in practise, though I believe it comes with a hefty price tag, though unreacheble for us...
EU print house: #aerotisk @ www.centertiska.net

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

swampymarsh

mattbeals

Quote from: aerotisk on December 02, 2015, 01:03:39 PM
Quote from: mattbeals on December 02, 2015, 10:56:24 AMMetrix?

Isn't this Dimps rebranded? Great solution in theory, but would love to test it in practise, though I believe it comes with a hefty price tag, though unreacheble for us...

Not at all. More of the originator of the auto ganging tools. Expensive is relative to its return on investment. Shopping by price is not a good idea. Shopping based on value/ROI is where the good accountants look.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Farabomb

I guess all the bad accountants worked in the print shops where I used to work. Upgrade prepress's computers? They are still working even if they are 386DXs.

Oh, sales needs the newest laptops to play solitaire and check facebook? No problem, get some for their kids too.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job