Retrospect error

Started by frailer, October 29, 2007, 04:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

This is kinda first stop; maybe on the way to Retrospect forums, [which is more like entering a Masonic Lodge~handshakes 'n all]. So posting here first. There may be some friendly b4p'ers who have been using this widely-used-but-less-than-satisfactory backup utilty. :-X
Got an Error -24161, [catalog version is too new]. Admit to looking at the Backup Catalog folder yesterday. Maybe buggered something up in doing so. Got this error from last night's incremental, [well it was f#@%$ing well supposed to be!].
First step will be to do a recycle backup again, [just done], and see if I can reset the "counters" ::)...nothing like a cock-eyed optimist.
Any thoughts welcome before I try and remember the secret handshakes required over at Retro Forums. [seldom visited].
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

ddog

Have you tried any of the tools to repair or rebuild your backup set?

--ddog
Tom McCain
OS X 10.8
Preps 6.3
Prinergy Connect 5.2
Matchprint Inkjet
Epson 9800
Trendsetter 800 II Quantum

aprilmarie

which version are you running? we are still on 4.3.
i work with fred flintstone too.

APRIL
April Pinkerton

Graphics Manager
IMAGE CONCEPT
8200 Sweet Valley Drive
Valley View OH 44125
216-524-9000

Joe

Quote from: aprilmarie on October 30, 2007, 12:20:18 PMwhich version are you running? we are still on 4.3.
i work with fred flintstone too.

APRIL

Fred works in prepress now? I figured he would retire form the rock quarry! ;D

[threadjack in progress]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

Had a look on the Dantz knowledge base , but it didn't tell me anything. I couldn't find our manual at work

Yaba Daba Don't!
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

Sorry shoulda given the version. Shall later today. Yeah, the manual didn't have it listed. By the time I try and solve it, a recycle backup o'night Fri. may resolve it. Otherwise it's the secret handshake over at Retro forums.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

It's V 6.1.126. Seems was a bit too pre-emptive. "Righted" itself o'night. Still got a string of "different creation date/time" on Quite A Box of Tricks, though. Dunno how important this is, but haven't got around to fixing it. It's a bit Mac-skilled, I think. Was posted around the time of forum upheaval. I think. Prolly a casualty of that. I"ll get around to it sometime. :-\