New Product from Enfocus - and it's not for Prepress

Started by abc, May 21, 2020, 03:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abc

Hi all, got something new coming so I thought I would share, might be interesting for some of you.

'Our new tool is designed for customer-facing staff at printing companies.
It will empower them to easily assess incoming jobs and give feedback in a minute.

We will disclose what it does, how we're calling it, and we will show you a live demo.'

https://www.enfocus.com/en/virtual-safari/introducing-a-brand-new-enfocus-product

Slappy

Not for Prepress?? Traitor!!!!!  :lmao:

This is gonna be cool, already signed up for Webinar. Ooooh, maybe I can make it a Watch Party in the Office.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

born2print

Wow Andrew, very exciting. Game changer maybe. I plan to "sell" the boss ASAP. Thank you!

Joe

Dagnabbit! I forgot about this webinar!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Maybe we can get a private, B4 group demo?

I've seen it, had the Lead CSR sit in on the webinar & she's pretty jazzed about getting the Beta in the hands of our 3-4 CSRs to test it out too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

Here's a recording of the session.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4C9R8qySg

Will do something in today's PitStop session as well

Slappy

abc

Should be next week I believe.
Actually not one of my products, so I will be on vacation then.   :D

abc

Anybody had a play with it at all?
Interested in any feedback.

scottrsimons

I have. And I have shared it with one of our CSRs and a Salesperson (also owner). Initial reaction from them was very cool and quite helpful. Both agree it could speed up getting jobs into production, instead of waiting on Prepress to "preflight". But one question that also came up, and I would also wonder, is there going to be a way to measure items on the page? Say from a point to a point.
For example a way to measure a mailing panel on a postcard. Or measure the distance between folds for a trifold letter or even a die line on a box.
I think, if it had the measuring capabilities too, it would be dang near spot on.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

born2print

I feel like I got the brush-off from the boss. I will bide my time and try again, he's making a bad / short sighted decision here.

Joe

Honestly we can't trust our CSR or salespeople with something like this. You could show them a car with no wheels and they would think it is good to drive cross country.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

AaronH

Hey ABC, is this free for good (until November), or after November or when it comes out of Beta, will we be asked to pay for it then? How does that work?

Thanks!
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris