Recent

Author Topic: XMF Client for OS 11 Big Sur on Mac with intel CPU  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
Re: XMF Client for OS 11 Big Sur on Mac with intel CPU
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2021, 10:58:38 AM »
Yep, figured that out when the trainer got back in. But they're doing us next week so we'll be good to go.

And, of course, what pops up in my apple notifications this morning? The notice to download and install Monterey   :shoots_self:

We actually got an email from Fuji just yesterday to not install Monterey as XMF will not run on it.
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline ksm1701

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2021, 11:54:10 AM »
I've just installed Monterey on a Mac we are no longer using and can confirm that the XMF client bounces once in the dock and then just lies down and sulks (ie, it definitely doesn't work!).  :death:

Offline Slappy

• Ninja Member
  • Come On. Fhqwhgads.
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »
So, apparently we HAVE TO update our Macs to run the latest abomination iteration of InDesign, but that will invalidate our XMF Clients, assuming I even had a current maintenance agreement to do so - which I don't.

:shoots_self:
A little diddie ‘bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin’ the best they can.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2021, 10:31:22 PM »
Yep gotta be on Catalina or above for the latest Creative Cloud. I have a bunch of iMacs running Mojave that has to be updated before I leave at the end of the year. Adobe could have made my life easier had they waited until the first of the year but nooooooooo...

:deadhorse:
Mac OS 11.5.2 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1.125 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline Tracy

• Ninja Master
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2021, 10:33:53 AM »
sheesh I think your retirement is perfect timing
who knows what's going to happen to the rest of us!

Im running Mojave I think I will wait for you, I may have to bug you into your retirement tho!
I kept my notes from last time so I might be ok.
who am I kidding what will I do without you!!! :cry:

Offline Lee Fenical

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2021, 08:11:53 AM »
Yep, figured that out when the trainer got back in. But they're doing us next week so we'll be good to go.

And, of course, what pops up in my apple notifications this morning? The notice to download and install Monterey   :shoots_self:

We actually got an email from Fuji just yesterday to not install Monterey as XMF will not run on it.

Got the same letter the same day  :D

After the wait for a big sur compatible version, I knew not to. I have never jumped on the newest OS on or near release day anyway. Let designers be the guinea pigs lol.

But they updated us yesterday, so far so good...