Presstek 34DI offset digital press

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, April 19, 2011, 08:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Anyone have any experience with this press? Apparently it's a litho-digital press, the plates are imaged right from rip to the press. Our owners might be buying one. We're wondering about the cost of a new one, I found a 3 year old online for about 200,000 U.S. Seems like a lot!

Farabomb

I ran a Heidi DI that is quite similar to the presstek (think Heidi sold them the tech). Needs waterless inks, special plates that scratch easily but it is easy to run and a good operator can get quality off of it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

jimking

We've got one. Not bad. The only thing that bugs me about it is its gripper, its hidden gripper--annoying.

David

we had one...

what the hell is up with that hidden gripper?
Never could figure out why they did that.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Chilbear

Kind of a Heidi thing - now you see it and now you don't. 10 mm I believe is the size from long ago. Took a bit of remindin' to do off center w/tumble forms. Overall the Presstek was solid but we had the Heidi flavour. Lots of week to week maintainance that no one wanted to do.