Update to Acrobat caused problems

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 04, 2024, 10:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 05, 2024, 03:31:37 PMThey are all still there in pitstop though, i had to convert a 4 color pdf to 2 spot colors last week had and no problems.
Yeah pitstop still has the Pantone books thank goodness!

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

My Pitstop doesn't have the color of the year, though.
It only takes one "aw shit" to wipe out a whole bunch of "atta boys".

pspdfppdfxhd

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

I'd had a request for that PMS right before I posted that. From one of our own salespeople.

Tracy

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: madbugger on February 05, 2024, 05:49:58 PM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on February 02, 2024, 11:27:43 AMYes, just to the document pallet, but if you need to create something with a spot color and you import the pdf you could use that color in your document. So, you could import a pdf with all the Pantone colours you need and then select those colours and export those swatches and reload them back into a new document and they're in there. I tried it and it seemed to work. Still feeling like I am missing something though.

So there is a project in the making. Make a pdf with all the spot colours in it and place it in any document that needs spot colours. Gunna take a while to filter the ones you don't need out, but it is a workaround. ;D ;D
I just tried it, I downloaded a pdf with all the Pantone colors in it and they all came into the document swatch palette. Hundreds of them. May not be the latest Pantone colors but it brings them all in.

pspdfppdfxhd

And you can select them all and export them to reload later. Very processor intensive though.

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

pspdfppdfxhd

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

(Pre)PressingMyLuck

It's not my favorite. But they have a nifty paragraph written by an artist that's  not short on marketing BS to tell us all how awesome it is.

David

I can feel the awesomeness from here...

:))
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

They can feel it from France too, but there they feel C'est super!
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

pspdfppdfxhd

Peach fuzz is gross, it tickles the inside of your mouth when you eat a peach. Yuck.