Publisher & the Holy Grail?

Started by EyeTech, November 05, 2007, 11:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EyeTech

There's a beta version of Publisher to Indesign on Markwarz site - can't vouch for it as yet but it's worth a pop if you're stuck

http://markzware.com/pub2id/

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

born2print

Hmmm, I downloaded and placed in plug-ins / filters folder then launched InD... but it never asked for the activation code like it's supposed to.
I went to the Configure plugins menu and it's not listed, anyone have an idea what I may be missing?
thanks in advance,
born2BinPublisherHell
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

EyeTech

Did you pick the right version for your version of CS? Worked for me straight off.

Opened a couple of Poopslusher files, one converted fine the other the leading went squiffy.

Good thing about it...it extracts all the images used and dumps them into a named folder.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

born2print

yep, or at least I'm convinced I did ;)
I downloaded for CS3 and installed in CS3 plug-ins / filters folder then launched... no opportunity to enter activation...
Good to know it does work though, thanks, I'll try again later after more coffee(?)
 :o

EyeTech

My Mac still has CS2 and that's the version I tried.

born2print

thanks again, I'll try that, but my station only has CS3, I'll have to guinny-pig someone else's. :ninja:

EyeTech

gnubler

I haven't had to fuck with a Pooplisher file since mid-2005.

But I feel all of your pain!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

born2print

Thanks y'all, had to reinstall older Punnisher on the new PC workstation (v7 is en route), I was just trying to use this instead while I waited...
life's good again. 8)

frailer

Went to install the "beta" version in the Plugins Folder CS2, but it's asking me for an activation code. I've filled in my email details before the download. I'm guessing have to await the return email with the code. Anyone else been through this?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

EyeTech

Try these...

a. Macintosh - T4FL-Z2G8-JK4L-G419-1C2Q-KC05b. Windows - T7FL-M9A0-JK4G-0A10-1A2Q-0b2H