Affinity Publisher Info

Started by Syphon, July 23, 2019, 08:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syphon

Quote from: seratne on July 25, 2019, 10:28:23 AM
Running Apogee 9 here. Both files render and trap without any warnings. And both render the same way. Page 2 is k only on both files.

XMF also gave no issues at all.

Glad to hear that!  ;D
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

New file won't go through Prinergy.

1) If the older Advanced Preflight is used it doesn't make it through the Normalizer.

2) if the newer Preflight + is used it makes it to the trapper where it fails with an 'Access Denied' error.

3) if I turn off trapping it processes through just fine.

Syphon....would you mind if I send the file to Kodak to see if they can find out what is causing it? I assume it is because of a font as we get that a lot in Prinergy these days plus if I outline all fonts it processes through everything including trapping just fine.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Syphon

Quote from: Joe on July 25, 2019, 11:00:42 AM

1) If the older Advanced Preflight is used it doesn't make it through the Normalizer.

2) if the newer Preflight + is used it makes it to the trapper where it fails with an 'Access Denied' error.

Syphon....would you mind if I send the file to Kodak to see if they can find out what is causing it? I assume it is because of a font as we get that a lot in Prinergy these days plus if I outline all fonts it processes through everything including trapping just fine.

Sure can!
Really appreciate it.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

If I take the latest file and place it into InDesign and export a new PDF/X4 pdf it goes through Prinergy including trapping without any issues.

Joe

Quote from: Syphon on July 25, 2019, 11:12:12 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 25, 2019, 11:00:42 AM

Sure can!
Really appreciate it.

Thanks...it is in Kodak's hands now. ;D

EmptyWords

Good to see someone else chime in with Agfa & Fuji workflows and that they are running fine.

As far as my issue w/ the page 2 B&W mapping to 4/c, it was our workflow that did it and not an issue w/ the pdf file itself. I found that when Artworks configured the system, they had an option to convert selected buried deep in the canvas, never even caught that in the 13+ years we have been running Odystar, go figure...
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

Joe

According to Kodak support (Thanks Marion):

QuoteThe issue appears to be with the font encoding causing the bitstream library to crash on the trap or advanced preflight step.

In Prinergy 8.3 the file refines with trap or advanced preflight with no issues – this is because we have made adjustments to the trap process, eliminating the Bitstream Library usage.

We actually see this issue with a lot of PDF files from all different apps so it looks like we will be pursuing the Prinergy 8.3 upgrade very soon.

Slappy

Also ran it through Fuji XMF for kicks - sailed through like a charm!  :banana:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.