Table-top light box

Started by frailer, February 29, 2008, 05:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Sydney, Australia. Wollongong to Newcastle OK for pickup as well. For daughter doing major in Photography, 3rd year Textile & Fashion Design.
Sheesh, there musta been 100s of these dumped over the past few years.  :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

David

Did a google search for these, you think there would be tons of these binned a while back...
I'm assuming you're looking for the flat ones to look at slides or to trace with?

these things are EXPENSIVE!

over 250 bucks US for a small one about 20 x 20!

whoa!

good luck on your search, you may be better off (cheeper anyway) building one out of some 1 x 4s and some small florescent lamps.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

papa v2.0

ive got two but there in inverness scotland

David

Scotland...

hmmm,
that's close to Australia isn't it?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

No, that's by Canada. Australia is by the Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.
Member #285 - Civilian

gtrev

No.... we're up towards the top of the globe all you Northern Hemi's, that's why we've got all the warm weather  - I've got some big light box's frailer, but it's a long drive & you'd need a truck!
What proof?

papa v2.0

yeh were the wee country that gave the world

Golf,
Telephones
Television
The steam Engine
The American Navy
Tarmacadam
Penicillin
Radar

etc but to name a few

frailer

Quote from: papa v2.0 on March 04, 2008, 04:55:18 AMyeh were the wee country that gave the world

Golf,
Telephones
Television
The steam Engine
The American Navy
Tarmacadam
Penicillin
Radar

etc but to name a few

...and don't forget electricity, sorta. [James Clerk Maxwell].  :cheesy:

And gtrev, much as I'd love to visit d'Arenberg Winery, it's a bit far mate...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Read this wonderful Scotsman's biog a couple of years ago. Worth perusing his Wiki entry. Talk about under-recognised! And humble to boot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_clerk_maxwell

gnubler

You are all the champions of off-topic posting.  :tongue:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on March 04, 2008, 11:54:48 AMYou are all the champions of off-topic posting.  :tongue:

Hey... Don't leave me out!
Member #285 - Civilian

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on March 04, 2008, 11:54:48 AMYou are all the champions of off-topic posting.  :tongue:

Yeah, but when the topic was "table-top light box"...well. Anyway, James Clerk Maxwell woulda been interested in how the light was diffused...yada yada.  :tongue:

papa v2.0

and dont forget that scotland is gods country

why because its the supposed to be oldest bit of rock on the planet

Torridon rock etc
and yes we invented colour as well      ya bas

green and blue
or is that celtic and rangers
ho ho ho