New Mac Pro with PCI slots

Started by Possum, June 03, 2019, 01:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

In '05 when I graduated high school, I saved up and paid for half of a MacBook, my parents paid for the other half for college. I had been using PCs forever, but my previous three PCs fried on me and I didn't realize the power supply wasn't strong enough for the graphics card I had in them. Turns out the MacBook couldn't run WoW very well either and I ended up having to replace the RAM and the fans on it a couple years later after AppleCare ran out. It lasted until about 2010 when I got an iMac. About a year later, I then sold for an Asus g73 gaming laptop, which weighed 10 pounds but was 5 times more powerful than my iMac. I found Macs to be overpriced for their hardware.

I don't really know what I was trying to say. Its the end of the day and my brain is shot.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

:rotf:

I think you were trying to say Macs are overpriced for their hardware. And you are correct. You can get a lot more bang for your buck on the PC side. I just prefer the Mac GUI. I really should get over that.

:rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

wonderings

I can see eventually moving to PC. I have been an Apple fan and user since the first iMac came out. They really have lost their direction with Cook. Jobs was a visionary and it showed.

That being said the problems you can have with someone using a Windows computer who does not know how to keep their computer safe and could be clicking on just about anything from anywhere might cause more problems then it is worth the cheaper price.

I feel much safer on a Mac for kids knowing it is much harder for them to really mess things up with a wrong click.

Possum

Especially with kids and social media. I used to work from home for somebody who never listened when I asked her not to forward me those e-mails that tell you to send them to ten friends or whatever. Explained what could happen. Finally it did. Her computer crashed bad - twice. No backup either time.

:banghead:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Joe

Quote from: born2print on June 06, 2019, 10:39:18 AM
Word's getting out:

Well that just made my day in a day full of loony ass-hats here!

Possum

Joe

I hope the tariff is $100,000 for each machine! :rotf: