Old Nexus Rip with Time Expired License

Started by NomNom, January 04, 2012, 01:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NomNom

Greetings all,

I have a slight issue. Inherited a Nexus 8.1 Rip system. The problem is that it doesn't work anymore after the new year. I was told the way to get around this is to back the clock up a year so the license doesn't see it as expired. I did this and unfortunately it hasn't worked.

The exact error message that I receive from Nexus Manager is "'Eenl': No License for    (Iinterpre PS/PDF)"

I have changed the years to span about a 10 year period of time and rebooted. This hasn't solved the issue.

I know this is an old RIP, feel so dated. But any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Joe

Quote from: NomNom on January 04, 2012, 01:13:51 PMGreetings all,

I have a slight issue. Inherited a Nexus 8.1 Rip system. The problem is that it doesn't work anymore after the new year. I was told the way to get around this is to back the clock up a year so the license doesn't see it as expired. I did this and unfortunately it hasn't worked.

The exact error message that I receive from Nexus Manager is "'Eenl': No License for    (Iinterpre PS/PDF)"

I have changed the years to span about a 10 year period of time and rebooted. This hasn't solved the issue.

I know this is an old RIP, feel so dated. But any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yeah, they changed that backdoor loophole long ago. Changing the date will not work no matter what you change it too.

If your dongle is still working it should still work with the software version it is licensed for. They don't date their software to expire. Does the dongle viewer software see the dongle?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

NomNom

Quote from: Joe on January 04, 2012, 01:21:56 PM
Quote from: NomNom on January 04, 2012, 01:13:51 PMGreetings all,

Thank you.

Yeah, they changed that backdoor loophole long ago. Changing the date will not work no matter what you change it too.

If your dongle is still working it should still work with the software version it is licensed for. They don't date their software to expire. Does the dongle viewer software see the dongle?

Last year the rolling back worked and we haven't updated any software since.
I can see the dongle licenses via Nexus Manager. It's seeing the right dongle and saying the state is PERM.
The last year the dongle worked without resetting it back was 2008. So it's been done quite a few times.
I'm fairly certain that the RIP itself isn't even web accessible for them to have a backdoor to update.

Joe

I know at one time when we were having a dongle problem I tried setting the date back and it told me exactly what I was doing and to stop it and that box didn't have internet access either. Not sure really as we don't use Nexus any more. I do know that dongles or permanent licenses do not expire so if it is a valid dongle/license you shouldn't have to set the date back. Maybe updating the dongle drivers for your version of Windows would help????
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

NomNom

Joe,

Somehow I got it to limp along. There are many crazy little errors but it's imaging film, and it seems to image it correctly. Errors like it can't empty the trash because of a locked file. Of course I can't find that file anywhere! I'm not going to complain though, it's up and running for another day. I appreciate the input. If only the money would fall from the heavens to upgrade this darn thing.

Thank you very much for your input.