News:

Main Menu

Printsmith

Started by Trish, June 19, 2013, 09:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trish

Does anyone know anything about EFI Printsmith (tracking system / Estimating)?
I need to either restore from a backup, or import new data from another company...
I cannot figure out how to do it.
Sometimes it really sucks being in prepress, most people think that we just know how to do anything.

Thanks
Trish
Fuji XMF V5, Mac OS Sierra , Adobe CC, QuarkXpress 2017,  Epson SureColor P9000, Epson Surecolor P6000, Dart 4600S, Komori Lithrone 628, Komori SPICA 429, Heidelberg KORD, Xerox 1000, Xerox 1000i, Xante Impressia.

Joe

Never used it before but page 65 of the user guide says:

QuoteNotes Information about the next scheduled backup and last backup performed is displayed at the bottom of the Backup Manager preferences panel.

Always contact PrintSmith Support before attempting to restore your PrintSmith data.

Importing data doesn't look like a picnic either. Here is a link to the User Guide in case you don't have it.

Printsmith User Guide
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

The boss isn't here right now, but I know from what he tells me that it's a real serious PITA. Essentially he has to call Printsmith for support when doing something like this; I don't think it's something an inexperienced user should attempt on their own.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Trish

Backups are a piece of cake, but I cannot find any info about restoring a backup anywhere.
I placed a call with support, but who knows if they will even call me back, since we no longer have a contract on it.
Printsmith was purchased by a company that no longer exists, so the info already there is not important, but a salesman from another company did a backup before his place shut down, and that is the info that I want to put in our system

Thanks
Fuji XMF V5, Mac OS Sierra , Adobe CC, QuarkXpress 2017,  Epson SureColor P9000, Epson Surecolor P6000, Dart 4600S, Komori Lithrone 628, Komori SPICA 429, Heidelberg KORD, Xerox 1000, Xerox 1000i, Xante Impressia.

Farabomb

I'd tell the salesman that he has to do the research to restore the data.  :lmao:

I know, wish in one hand and shit in the other and see what one fills up first.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job