Adobe Cloud is on the Ground today....assholes...

Started by mwc, May 15, 2014, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Xara seems to have both a raster and a vector program, but I think they're just for Windows. Corel is getting better also. Both ran specials not long ago for Adobe switchers.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

The next version of CC is coming out next month and CS6 will move out of CC. They only keep the latest 2 versions. It wouldn't surprise me if they have some kind of time bomb in CS6 to make it more "difficult" for users to stay there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

I have both CC and 6 running. I was thinking the same thing, to make it difficult to hang with 6 because they can make it more difficult.

DigiCorn

I was told that we **have to** upgrade to CC this week. Any words of advice... or a eulogy?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Adobe extended their "special" price until May 30. We can upgrade to CC Team for $36 per month per user for 2 years if we sign up before then. After that it goes to $49.99 per month per user. ($69.99 per month per user for new users). Unfortunately we realize we will HAVE to upgrade at some point and we might as well get the discount now for 2 years.

No words of advice. I have CC at home already. Acrobat XI sucks but the rest is OK. Other than that credit card charge every month. :angry:

mwc

I was looking just to get a license for a single copy of Indesign CC just to appease the sheeple/customers sending in files from it.  I was honestly looking at doing this LAST WEDNESDAY when the UhDohBee cloud fell apart.....just confirmed my fears, and it will take me another week to get brave enough to pull the trigger....on renting ONE copy of ONE program.... :puke2:

DigiCorn

I just checked, and we qualify for the $39.99/mo contract, but it's only one-year, not two. Next question: On the same machine, can you continue to run legacy versions (I have 3, 4, 5 and 6)  on this box, and I need 6 for certain because I constantly have to save stuff down for vendors or to provide art to customers who want to rework old files and some of them still use 4 and 5. I have one vendor who can only accept CS3.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Yes you can run the old version. I have 5.5, 6, and CC here at home.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 20, 2014, 10:54:55 AMI just checked, and we qualify for the $39.99/mo contract, but it's only one-year, not two.

Tell them you will only buy it if they give you two years. That is what we did. Well actually we said 3 years but they wouldn't go for that but they did go for 2 years. Of course we have 14 users so that might have made a difference.

mwc

almaink

I still don't get why Adobe doesn't reinstate the Print Provider Program. I don't like renting anything, but if I could pay one fee, once a year like I did for the PPP I would do it. I am running CS6 stand alone version now, although I still do 90% of my work in CS3 because thats what 90% of my customers still use.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Possum

They don't have to. They figure they've got the world by the short hairs, so now they can just sit back and rake in the money.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Unfortunately, this is probably their line of thinking.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Since I can run legacy versions, it looks to be a bit slower here today, and the "sale" ends next week, I will probably be upgrading to CC on Mac today. We're staying at 5.5 on Windows.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

OK. Went to adobe.com to look into the upgrade more seriously, and now I'm totally %^&ing confused.

a) What version of CC do I need? The team license is $49.99 but an individual license is $29.99. I'm thinking we only need the individual...
b) It says you can run one license on two machines, so does that mean I can upgrade my CS6 on Mac and my 5.5 on Windows?
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway