Mojave (and Acrobat DC)

Started by DigiCorn, October 09, 2018, 11:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Partner at work just upgraded to Mojave, and so far smooth sailing. Anyone have any known issues with Mojave?

Acrobat DC is a different issue. On Sierra, the upgrade on DC was annoying, but functional. On Mojave, it seems to be glitchy - doesn't display previews on "fit to page," when printing, crashes, etc. Anyone have any issues with DC on Mojave?

I'm still on Sierra.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

No issues for me with Acrobat DC (last week they released a new version) and Mojave.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on October 09, 2018, 12:24:56 PMNo issues for me with Acrobat DC (last week they released a new version) and Mojave.
Try to take a LARGE job and print fit-to-page and look at the preview. Works on mine on Sierra but not on my partner's on Mojave.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

I will have to try at home on Mojave. Haven't dared to put it on a work machine.

Tracy

Since updating my computer Acro DC is taking a long time to load when I first start it up
after that it is fine, any solutions?

Joe

I installed Mojave on my work Mac a few weeks ago. Wish I hadn't. Everything is slower. Double click any file type and it takes at least 5 seconds before anything happens including opening PDF's into Acrobat. It actually feels like Apple has built in a 5 second timer before it does any task. >:(

David

Acrobat DC is weird on mine too.
When my mac fires up, it "launches" Acrobat, for foreverrrrrrr. I see a window pop up.
But it really doesn't launch. It just does a "preload" of something, then goes away.
I then manually start all my programs ('cause I hate to wait for stuff to start automatically).
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

Yeah it looks like the pdf is opened up, but don't try and click something!!
It's like open Acro and go get a cup of coffee!

Joe

Well my starts fine. It then sucks every PDF I open. I'll trade my problem for yours.

Tracy

what the heck? is this a new problem?

born2print

Getting sick of these "down-grades"
6-core processor, 16GB ram... and rainbow pinwheels all the time. What are you busy doing that I have to wait?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on February 21, 2019, 02:24:19 PMwhat the heck? is this a new problem?

I attribute mine to Mojave. It was fine before I made the brilliant leap. :sarcasm:

Speaking of brilliance...I just got a job in with PDF's made from CS2. The first version of InDesign was 1.0 and it was a disaster. 1.5 was somewhat useable. V2 was the first nail in Quark's coffin. That was in about 2002 or 2003. Needless to say the PDF was a version 1.3 and everything was flattened to crap and back. Way to stay up with the times customer. Way to go!

:facepalm:

David

place that pdf inExcel and it should work just fine.
All the printers I use don't have any problems....

:shoots_self:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on February 21, 2019, 03:21:46 PMplace that pdf inExcel and it should work just fine.
All the printers I use don't have any problems....

:shoots_self:

Thanks. I placed it in Excel and all of a sudden I was surrounded by unicorns pooping Twinkies. All is better now.

Twinkie anyone?

born2print

No thanks, trying to quit  :smiley:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?