Working with Font Explorer

Started by jezza, September 09, 2007, 01:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

When I delete a set and contained fonts why do I still have that font in the library?
i just saw at the beginning of this thread there is a tutorial, ill have to check it out.

gnubler

As of today I've abandoned trying to use FEX on Windows XP. Too much of a pain. Auto activation doesn't work and it's also not letting me select a different directory to manage fonts in. Works great on my Mac, but I think I'll just stick with Suitcase on XP.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I gave up on it as well under Vista. That's why they call it beta software though. User beware. :wink:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jezza

The Pro Version has just received an update to work with snow leopard. Quite a few fixes, but check the known issues

http://www.fontexplorerx.com/macreleasenotes/
one sick prepress mofo

frailer

Am I missing something, or is the free version no longer available?    :undecided:

Linotype Home Page

Pro version is $AU120. Not a lot for a very good font manager, but, it's marketing strategy, I guess. At some stage they have to support the support/improvements. I'd be happy for someone to point out I'm missing something obvious, though.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on February 11, 2010, 05:09:05 PMAm I missing something, or is the free version no longer available?    :undecided:

Linotype Home Page

Pro version is $AU120. Not a lot for a very good font manager, but, it's marketing strategy, I guess. At some stage they have to support the support/improvements. I'd be happy for someone to point out I'm missing something obvious, though.

You knew that was going to happen eventually, right? :wink:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Well, yeah. Just needed a second pair of eyes run over it...   :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Tracy

Im still running my free version I suppose i will have to pay when something goes wonky.

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on February 11, 2010, 09:33:26 PMIm still running my free version I suppose i will have to pay when something goes wonky.

Probably. But you should have quite a bit of mileage yet. I only got Pro because when they launched it they had a half price intro.

jezza

Right at the bottom of the FAQ page it says it's still available

http://www.fontexplorerx.com/158/

can't seem to find it though

UPDATE:

Still on Version Tracker here

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27903
one sick prepress mofo

Farabomb

Think I still have the installer if anyone really needs it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Quote from: jezza on February 11, 2010, 11:03:23 PMRight at the bottom of the FAQ page it says it's still available

http://www.fontexplorerx.com/158/

can't seem to find it though

UPDATE:

Still on Version Tracker here

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/27903

Yep, the FEX lead's a dead end, jez. Version Tracker looks good though. Good old VT.

gnubler

I just snagged it myself. Still on Version Tracker.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

cool, you'll really like it, especially if you're working with Quark files.

:cool:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

jimking

Here at work I've got macs with the old free version of Font Explorer and others with Suitcase Fusion, all older macs. I now have a new Mac Pro which replaced a G4 with the free font explorer on it. I doubt I'd get a discounted upgrade with that version? I have read there are some issue with Fusion with the mac pros so I'm leaning towards Explorer in which I like anyway and is cheaper. If you had a choice which one would you choose?