Working from Home / Coronavirus

Started by StudioMonkey, March 20, 2020, 05:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Molasses is good for red blood cells, especially black strap molasses. It's not all that sweet but it's not bad. I used to have to eat a tablespoonful a day when I was a kid because I was sickly.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

goodgod...
I'm working from home and I have neighbors that want to have dance parties all day long...
in the driveway...
that is just 10 feet from my office window...
did I mention he has a DJ setup...
with speakers on a pole...
pointed at my house...

oh and the kids are almost as loud as the adults.

:shoots_self:
:drunk3:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

I just read a thread in another forum about lousy neighbors. One was blasting music til 3 a.m. in the back yard. Day after day. They had it so loud it was too loud for them and their guests to stay out on the deck.

Another had the same problem. The poster got together with the neighbor on the other side, both rigged up speakers and blasted them at the middle offending neighbor. He finally gave up.

Joe

Quote from: david on May 14, 2020, 03:41:05 PM
goodgod...
I'm working from home and I have neighbors that want to have dance parties all day long...
in the driveway...
pointed at my house...

oh and the kids are almost as loud as the adults.

:shoots_self:
:drunk3:

Open Window. Yell as loud as you can "GET OFF MAH LAWN"!

:gom:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

I blast reggae when working in the yard but it's in the late morning and I'm pretty sure my neighbors enjoy it. 3 a.m. would be a noise ordinance in my neighborhood.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

David

yeah, they are from Belize, so the reggae is going all the time.

Same song... over and over and over and over and over...

:banghead:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Possum

Blast some old Broadway show tunes at them.

Joe

If only they had something like a pocket size computer and speakers that would fit in their ears without any wires that could play songs that only they could hear...someone should invent something like that.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Quote from: Joe on May 15, 2020, 08:24:22 AM
If only they had something like a pocket size computer and speakers that would fit in their ears without any wires that could play songs that only they could hear...someone should invent something like that.

nah, it'll never work.

:gom:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Quote from: david on May 14, 2020, 03:41:05 PM
goodgod...
in the driveway...
pointed at my house...
So, close enough that if you say, worked buck nekkid & stood up in front of the windows a LOT, it would be a distraction?  :hello:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Foozball

Quote from: david on May 15, 2020, 07:59:16 AM
yeah, they are from Belize, so the reggae is going all the time.
:banghead:
We once had elderly Greek neighbors, who would annoyingly played traditional music in the morning when family were visiting ... one morning (in reply) their music was met by   https://youtu.be/StZcUAPRRac Rammstein's Mutter album ... and it never happened again!
GREAT clip by the way ... about 1:20 in you go "WHAAAAaaaaaaa!!?" :hello:

Skryber

We have a large Serbian and Macedonian population here and boy you know it when there is a wedding going on. They do the church first (always on a Sunday morning), then to the parent's of the bride's house to pregame, and then the reception.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Foozball

Quote from: Skryber on May 18, 2020, 01:50:58 PM
We have a large Serbian and Macedonian population here and boy you know it when there is a wedding going on. They do the church first (always on a Sunday morning), then to the parent's of the bride's house to pregame, and then the reception.
Events are ALWAYS a cool/acceptable reason to make some noise ... but you don't see me causing a ruckus here every week, feeding a baby to the dingoes, just because of where I'm from!  ;)
:git off mah lawn:

Skryber

I enjoy it! You'll see me dancing and doing yard work.  :aljolson: