Dreamweaver CS4 - changing text color without CSS?

Started by DCurry, January 26, 2009, 07:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Years ago, I had a book called Dreamweaver 3 H-O-T (Hands On Training). It was great because it provided the graphics and walked you through building a site, one lesson at a time, and each lesson built on what you had already done. That was for version 3 (not CS3 -- just 3!) It's not been updated yet for CS4, so I ordered "Dreamweaver CS4 Digital Classroom" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470410922/ref=s9_sdps_c2_s1_p14_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1WVM7BS4FTP5YY5YFCRM&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463383371&pf_rd_i=507846)

I have been told that I need to be more web-savvy as we are going to be getting into pURLs (personalized URLs) soon. Fine with me - anything that expands my skillset only helps me down the road, but it's a little annoying anyway. Especially considering how easy Dreamweaver used to be compared to now.

I'll let you know how I like the book.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Joe

Once Dreamweaver became an Adobe product they decided they needed to throw everything under the sun in it. But it's still a lot easier than learning Flash. I prefer using the open source apps. You can do anything with them that you can do with the Adobe apps. And it's easier to learn.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Nice Dan, thanks! Good price too, maybe I'll go ahead & pick it up also. We can be DW Study Buddies!!  :laugh:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

Okay, so I got the book last week and have now completed all the lessons (well, most of them - there were a couple I didn't really need to do) and I can recommend this book. Even if I don't like the way DW now works, at least now I can say I have a better grasp of what I need to do to get the job done, and picked up some nice tips along the way.

There is plenty about DW that is not covered in this book (like creating rollovers, which seems like it should have been included), but it's a good "get your feet wet" set of lessons. I'm going to run through it again to help it all sink in.

Fringe benefit: Future-proofing my job and expanding the possibilities.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

Quote from: DCurry on March 10, 2009, 08:13:19 AMFringe benefit: Future-proofing my job and expanding the possibilities.

That's exactly what I did. Currently, about half the work I do at my job is web-related, so it's come in handy.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david