Indesign dropping type on impo

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, January 14, 2016, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Forms can be an arse-biter. But pdfetc... your route to plate seems a bit fraught; not having a shot, just commenting in sympathy.
Like Tracy, I light incense candles to the XMF effigy prior to closing up each day. It likes that.
I guess Prinergy users feel similarly.

On proofing, we switched, on the 'soft' side. from reExported (pre-render/imposed) PDFs from XMF, to the post-render Black Magics about 15 months ago. Our arses have been saved on several occasions.  (not sure including reference to my female compadra's arse is PC, but anyhoo...).

We exist in a high-risk world. Each year, as we wrap, I do a mental stock take on the fuckups for the year, and tote a rough score. We did OK last year.  Whew...  But there's always one just around the corner.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

We have had (knock on wood) very few farkups that went out the door in prepress in say, the last 8 years maybe. Bindery and printing yes, but very few computer related issues. This one just took me by suprise cause I'd never seen it and yes, being a pp'er you are always wondering if you are loosing your marbles.

David

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on January 19, 2016, 10:58:49 AM...being a pp'er you are always wondering if you are loosing your marbles.

I lost those bad boys years ago...

:drunk3:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

I think the "marbles" grow back just so you can lose them again down the road.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: frailer on January 18, 2016, 04:40:23 PMForms can be an arse-biter. But pdfetc... your route to plate seems a bit fraught; not having a shot, just commenting in sympathy.
Like Tracy, I light incense candles to the XMF effigy prior to closing up each day. It likes that.
I guess Prinergy users feel similarly.

Yes, fraught as you say, but much better than the old days when we were "hack and slashing" film, making spreads with mylar, whatever it took to get a job out the door. It's all relative. We're just a bunch of high-tech farmers here anyway.

On proofing, we switched, on the 'soft' side. from reExported (pre-render/imposed) PDFs from XMF, to the post-render Black Magics about 15 months ago. Our arses have been saved on several occasions.  (not sure including reference to my female compadra's arse is PC, but anyhoo...).

We exist in a high-risk world. Each year, as we wrap, I do a mental stock take on the fuckups for the year, and tote a rough score. We did OK last year.  Whew...  But there's always one just around the corner.

pspdfppdfxhd

a bit "fraught" yes is that the Queen's english? But anyway, it's a little more professional than back in the days of "hack and slashing" film, using mylar for traps on the platemaker and doing just about anything to get a job out the door. Those were the days of major f-ups... but we're still here.