Canon rage

Started by DigiCorn, October 16, 2013, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

no comments on the "research"?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Let's just say, you really know your shit, david.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

you got that right!

oh wait, wha?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

Digi, which version of Java do you have to use to get up to CWS 5? Been wanting to update our XC1000 for a few months, but not sure if it'll screw up the Macs if we have to update to the latest Java to use the Remote Client.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on October 24, 2013, 01:10:13 PMDigi, which version of Java do you have to use to get up to CWS 5? Been wanting to update our XC1000 for a few months, but not sure if it'll screw up the Macs if we have to update to the latest Java to use the Remote Client.

There is a 99.999999% chance it will screw something up!
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

So you're saying it's worth updating then? Ok, I'm ON it!!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

It's not just an update...it's an adventure!

gnubler

Adventurous enough for a maverick?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Farabomb

Ahh, but remember how it ended up for him.

Not well.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Slappy on October 24, 2013, 01:10:13 PMDigi, which version of Java do you have to use to get up to CWS 5? Been wanting to update our XC1000 for a few months, but not sure if it'll screw up the Macs if we have to update to the latest Java to use the Remote Client.
I don't think it matters; I actually downloaded it to my workstations and fiery and was playing with it back when we had the Xerox. I asked the Ray Morgan tech, and he said it depends on your digital press as to what you could run. The Xerox tech said Xerox only officially supported up to 4; I could probably run 5, but they wouldn't help us if we were to have issues, and in all likelihood would violate our TOS on our service account. CWS 5.5 is the latest release, but our 6000 has a bastardized Canon version, and they are only up to 5.3 with their mods, so they told us the same thing.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Canon rage is going to fucking start any fucking minute if this machine doesn't start fucking running as advertised pretty fucking soon.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

The honeymoon didn't last long. :laugh:

DigiCorn

It's the fucking paper. It's not factory cut 12 x 18... it's fucking 17-15/16
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Wait, you want a device to run as advertised? That's your first problem.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job