Characteristaion Curves.

Started by frailer, October 03, 2016, 11:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Can anyone throw a screenshot or two? Tweaking in a high-risk environment is not something we do habitually, but I'd like to explore some options regarding tweaking colour on the odd page in a fraught job.

I believe you can Opt/click on a page and bring up curves. Tooling around have not found it.

detail if required but TBH you'd be asleep inside 1 minute.

:grin:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Lyzan

You mean [Page Tone Adjustment]? It is in [Signature View]. Alt/click or Opt/click to select a page in your preview pane. Value is between -25 and 25.

//Lyzan

Lyzan

Or color management. In [ Job Structure] pane, choose the page you want to change, then some panes will be presented below the workflow manager. Choose the [Color] pane, then the color management options will be presented.

//Lyzan

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Diddler

Quote from: Lyzan on October 04, 2016, 04:19:57 AMOr color management. In [ Job Structure] pane, choose the page you want to change, then some panes will be presented below the workflow manager. Choose the [Color] pane, then the color management options will be presented.

//Lyzan
As Lyzan has said is the method I use to control some out of control pages if I have to do it in XMF. For archiving purposes make a Rendered PDF and store with the job, so if you need to use that page again you won't have to remember to change settings. Usually I prefer the pitstop option on the original PDF.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

Could I get a screen shot where that option is?
Thanks!!
just curious

frailer

AFAICT Tracy, they look like this. There's a 'page Tone Adjustment' in 2nd one... Opt/select from Signature.

Tracy

aha! Thanks Frailer, I will play around with it

frailer

Quote from: Tracy on October 05, 2016, 10:28:27 AMaha! Thanks Frailer, I will play around with it
You get different stuff showing under 'Color', and 'Screening' icons, depending on whether you clicked on the 'Profile' icon, or the 'Plates' icon.

Like a lot of stuff in XMF, it's a mind puzzle, though it's 'all there'.

Tracy

I can't get into my template unless I have the Plate Icon selected
Right?

frailer

Yeah, that makes sense, though ear or diddler may confirm. Sometimes I liken XMF to Alice in Wonderland.

It's fun, once you get into the swing of free falling down interesting holes.

Diddler

Quote from: Tracy on October 06, 2016, 10:51:00 AMI can't get into my template unless I have the Plate Icon selected
Right?
Sorry for the late pickup on this one guys... getting ready to head to the UK for a few weeks R&R.
Tracey, you are correct, you need to have your Plate icon selected to get to template. This is where you can access "page tone". 
On the other hand if you needed to convert say page 5 of a document to greyscale, you would just select page 5 in your Job structure/ (without plate icon selected) then select (Colour Icon) in your job settings.
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Tracy

Agreed, XMF has a lot more than what they tell you in training!!