Plating with a shooter (front end)

Started by Nivin, June 03, 2015, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nivin

We're having problems with queued plates. They sometimes get "stuck" and need to Abort. It seems that Abort applies to all plates queued. 

Is anyone using a queue manager or shooter for their plate imager?

Note: we had several jobs on their way to plate and had at least 64 plates queued.

Ear

I'm using a Raster Blaster, which is basically what you are saying... it accepts the 1-bit tiffs and feeds them to the platesetter.

So, are you saying the workflow is aborting the tiffs as they go to the plate queue or the plate que is aborting sending to the plotter?
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

Either way, it sounds like a connection issue. File spools don't like interruptions. They like slow and steady. Make sure you are connected via an Ethernet Switch, as opposed to a hub. My spoolers run at 10 or 100 mbs. If I crank them to 1gb, they bomb out, like you describe.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

andyfest

We're using an old Fuji Gateway running Celebrant to keep 1 bits queued. Works pretty flawlessly, but occasionally we have a tif get "stuck" either between the Mac > Gateway or the Gateway > platesetter. Usually a restart at both ends (Mac + Windows) + occasionally the platesetter too, fixes any comm issues.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

Funny, right after I read this thread my shooter burped and threw out 2 forms I was sending over from the RIP. I rarely have that issue.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

David

go get a shot... and stay away from me   
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Must have caught it when I was in the ER.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job