News:

Main Menu

Publisher to PDF

Started by Pointyhat, September 11, 2007, 05:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pointyhat

Does anyone know why my Bosses v. of Pub would lose it's capablilty to save as pdf? OS Windows XP. Acrobat hasn't become uninstalled. Just seemed to happen but I haven't looked into it too much either. Thanks!

K, just went and tried to configure distiller to work with Pub and Nuthin.
there should be a pdf icon on the task bar and it's disappeared.

RobR

Did you boss recently upgrade to CS3 Suite?
If so there is a bug with the windoze registry....it uninstalls Acrobat but will not allow it to reinstall the newer version, must contact adobe for the fix.
Cincinnati Bengals
LOOSERS!!!!!

Pointyhat

Ear

Does Distiller/Adobe PDF still show up as a virtual printer in the Printers and Faxes control panel? You should have it and print to it from Publisher.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

doubting_thomas

Your boss must have accidentally closed that tool bar. Somewhere in the
Pub prefs you can re-open it. There's a tool bar manager type thing that'll
do it. The other route to go is to save as .ps file and Distill the result. That
may be beyond the boss' abilities though if he can't reopen the pdf export
tool bar. Oh, and make sure you have the PDF printer available to use. If
not, recreate it.

Joe

What version of Pub? If it's the latest you don't need distiller. You can do a save as "PDF" but you have to download the option separately after you activate it. If it's an earlier version I agree with Tom. The toolbar has probably just been closed.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Pointyhat

It's 2003, and yes, the Adobe PDF is in the printers / fax control panel. The save to adobe pdf option has disappeared from the tool bar next to the "help".
Could I fucking hate Publisher anymore?

Joe

I would try opening Acrobat and under the help menu run the "Repair Acrobat" option and see if that restores it. If not, and I'm sure you will love this, you may need to re-install Publisher.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

do this:

right-click on a blank spot on your toolbar (where there are no icons)

you should see a menu for your buttons, and there should be an "acrobad pdf maker", just check it and it should reappear..

prepressDog

just tell your boss to uninstall the POS program and let you do the shit.

If not, sound like the toolbar thing may be a fix.
If not, Print to file and distill yourself for a quick fix.