Be Afraid...Be VERY Afraid....

Started by Gutnbg, January 11, 2008, 11:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gutnbg

I can't speak. I thought it was only a rumor.

http://www.graphicartsonline.com/blog/1870000387/post/840019684.html?nid=3470

I'm looking for the "smiley" that runs away screaming......

Until then, I'll just use somebody else's:
   W
Too weeks ago i cuddent even spel PRINTOR an now i are one

Joe

Unfortunately I think he is right. We will be getting a deluge of Word and XPS files in the near future, no doubt about it. >:(
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Who said prepress jobs were dying out? Looks like a whole new round of skills will be required for this stuff! Thanks Bill'n'Ballmer... :P
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Sparky

QuoteOh, and by the way, lets not forget that every Office product ever created was designed to work in a RGB color space which makes creation four color separations a significant issue. If your like me you keep wondering "Where is that make separations button"? And now they are going to add more page layout features and most likely promote those features to end years! My question to you: "Are you sweating yet?

I think this guy probably had heart failure before ending the list of features Word does NOT possess, such as spot color.

I haven't seen any Word docs from Mac but has anyone tried the little app that could that comes with iWorks?
When I bought my new iMac I also included the iWorks '08 and forced myself to get involved with what Apple was doing. "Keynote" opens and saves .ppt documents as thought they were created on the Mac, as well as "Pages" opens Word.docs and "Numbers" acts as though it was Excel in Mac's clothing.
All this and for $79 to boot :o

I have clients that send me PC Word files – no problem opening them in Pages and I can even retro save them as Word.docs or convert them to .pages documents, and the beauty is I can convert the colors to CMYK on the fly. 8)

"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

bethwh

The keynote docs I have saved as .ppt and opened on a PC have been very bad. Re-rag text, pics moved, etc....

Anyone else?
draw 'em maps and they still get lost!!

Home Office
windows 2000 server
2 - Intel Core Duo mac mini's
hp deskjet 9650

Sparky

Quote from: bethwh on January 12, 2008, 01:27:02 PMThe keynote docs I have saved as .ppt and opened on a PC have been very bad. Re-rag text, pics moved, etc....

Anyone else?

Good Point Beth, I never stopped to think of the other way around :-[ sending Mac documents to the PC ::)

all I knew was that Word.docs opened OK saved from Pages, and since I don't have a PC I guess my assessment is only half accurate.
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"