News:

Main Menu

Kodak XPO Message

Started by David, October 15, 2010, 01:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Any of you Evo users ever get a message on the Evo Production Manager telling you that the "Configuration Update was complete"?
We've been getting these lately and it's causing the Lotem to lock up and stop imaging plates and the Evo box has to be restarted to correct the problem.
I don't see anywhere on the box to turn off the updates (whatever they are) or to keep them from happening.

any clues?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

I guess not...

weird, I think I'll chat with myself...

No update message since the 13th, turned a few options off so I'll see if it happens again.

thanks
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on October 18, 2010, 10:13:52 AMweird, I think I'll chat with myself...

I do that all the time (I'm pretty sure nobody actually reads my posts or else has them blocked). Self-entertainment.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

well, this is a Kodak forum, I know nobody here uses anything from them.
So, feel free to entertain yourself, or me, or whoever is here at the time.

carry on
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I've been in and out of the doctors office and the printshop so I haven't been on. I've never seen that error but since I updated to the latest some funky things have been going on. Too much crap going on right now to troubleshoot something that isn't affecting production yet.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

yeah, this one screws things up. It does it when we're making plates and we have to restart the Evo box to get it to "finish" so we can restart the app.

of course nothing on the Kodak web thingie.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Yea, eCentral and GUA have very limited info. Some of the techs are no better. Had an issue and the tech came back saying it was way above her and she should have to escalate it. By the time she did that and got back to me I found the answer in one of their FAQs.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job