Error in import module

Started by DHG, January 24, 2012, 12:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHG

Running Nexus 9.0.3. Getting error in import module.

-  VMerror; OffendingCommand: --@fetchroutine-- ]%
 - : VMerror; OffendingCommand: --@fetchroutine-- ]%
 -  typecheck; OffendingCommand: handleerror ]%
 - : typecheck; OffendingCommand: handleerror ]%
 -  undefined; OffendingCommand: ReportError ]%
 - : undefined; OffendingCommand: ReportError ]%
 -  )--print-- errorname --dup-- --type-- /stringtype --ne-- {256
 - : )--print-- errorname --dup-- --type-- /stringtype --ne-- {256
 - PS Interpreter ended with error nr 40

Any clue what the errors mean?

t-pat

bad font prolly. Says "type" an awful lot.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DHG

Joe

It's been awhile since I used Nexus but you can try increasing the amount of virtual memory (VM error is virtual memory error) in the input module or whatever it is called.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Typecheck errors could be fonts, but more likely you have an offending support file or link.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Any characters in the name besides letter and numbers? is the file name very long?

DHG

Only number and underscore.

18563_3589.ai

G_Town

Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 10:58:16 AMOnly number and underscore.

18563_3589.ai

Don't suppose you could post/send the file for me to look at?

What type of file are you actually importing, PDF, PS?

David

are all the images embedded or linked?

if links, you may need to open each one and resave to check the options. For instance, some may have LZW, some may not (some programs have issues with that, depending on the age of the software).
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on January 26, 2012, 11:42:59 AMare all the images embedded or linked?

if links, you may need to open each one and resave to check the options. For instance, some may have LZW, some may not (some programs have issues with that, depending on the age of the software).

Agreed.
Member #285 - Civilian

andyfest

I'm with Joe - it sounds like you are running out of memory on the import module. Is there tons of transparent effects in the file that Nexus is trying to emulate by creating thousands of tifs? Are you trying to import an .ai, eps or pdf? What does your workflow architecture look like ie: what are you trying to accomplish with the workflow?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigitalCrapShoveler

From Prepressure...

PostScript error: typecheck
A PostScript error: typecheck is one of the most common PostScript errors. It signals that the RIP encounters an operand of a wrong type – i.e. an operator expected one type of data and got something else.

Most common causes:

Typecheck errors are usually cause by corrupted data. This may indicate a problem with the printer driver. Try reinstalling it if the error occurs printing from various applications. Check the network and/or server if the error persists.

Try copying and pasting your data to a new document.
Try opening and resaving all images and links.

Offending command "dF3(!2xT" (or other random characters)

If the offending command contains random characters, it may indicate a problem with the communications link or driver. This problem may also occur when PostScript files are transferred from one computer platform to another. Try using an 'ASCII' or 'Text only' format instead of a binary format when saving.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on January 26, 2012, 01:20:29 PMFrom Prepressure...

PostScript error: typecheck
A PostScript error: typecheck is one of the most common PostScript errors. It signals that the RIP encounters an operand of a wrong type – i.e. an operator expected one type of data and got something else.

Most common causes:

Typecheck errors are usually cause by corrupted data. This may indicate a problem with the printer driver. Try reinstalling it if the error occurs printing from various applications. Check the network and/or server if the error persists.

Try copying and pasting your data to a new document.
Try opening and resaving all images and links.

Offending command "dF3(!2xT" (or other random characters)

If the offending command contains random characters, it may indicate a problem with the communications link or driver. This problem may also occur when PostScript files are transferred from one computer platform to another. Try using an 'ASCII' or 'Text only' format instead of a binary format when saving.

It's been awhile but what I remember from Nexus is once it throws the VMerror, any errors afterward are not really relevant since the stream is corrupted once it runs out of VM.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DHG

Quote from: G_Town on January 26, 2012, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: DHG on January 26, 2012, 10:58:16 AMOnly number and underscore.

18563_3589.ai

Don't suppose you could post/send the file for me to look at?

What type of file are you actually importing, PDF, PS?

I would love to send you the actual file, but unfortunately can't. Thanks for the offer

DHG

Quote from: david on January 26, 2012, 11:42:59 AMare all the images embedded or linked?

Only 6 images in the .ai file. All are embedded. I embedded them, BTW, so I have the original PSD files. First thing I checked was the images themselves. All CMYK with nothing out of the norm. All 8 bit. No LZW.  After the initial failures. I flattened the images that I could. Tried with images embedded and without. Same results.