Agfa raises prices (again)

Started by DigiCorn, May 13, 2013, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Just got a bill from Agfa. Our Azura TS Gum went up $100 per cube; that's almost 100% increase in price. No word from our rep to warn us, and now he's not returning calls. Nice.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

ahh, corporate discount maybe?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

andyfest

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 13, 2013, 10:33:14 AMJust got a bill from Agfa. Our Azura TS Gum went up $100 per cube; that's almost 100% increase in price. No word from our rep to warn us, and now he's not returning calls. Nice.
It was a milestone day for me when I booted their asses out the door for good, many years ago.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

DigiCorn

That's a fine way to treat us after we just dropped over 20 large on a new Epson proofer.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

we are the 2nd largest printer in the western hemisphere, spend way more than the 20 large, we still have trouble getting supplies from them...

go figure
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

born2print

Quote from: david on May 13, 2013, 01:55:23 PMwe are the 2nd largest printer in the western hemisphere, spend way more than the 20 large, we still have trouble getting supplies from them...

go figure
Fuji is no better, I reckon.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Mikie

Quote from: andyfest on May 13, 2013, 01:30:19 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on May 13, 2013, 10:33:14 AMJust got a bill from Agfa. Our Azura TS Gum went up $100 per cube; that's almost 100% increase in price. No word from our rep to warn us, and now he's not returning calls. Nice.
It was a milestone day for me when I booted their asses out the door for good, many years ago.

Had an Agfa sales rep leave me a message to call him back at work a few days ago. Never bothered calling him back because we have already sold our souls to the big K. I might now just to mess with him  :popcorn:

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

andyfest

Quote from: born2print on May 13, 2013, 01:58:00 PM
Quote from: david on May 13, 2013, 01:55:23 PMwe are the 2nd largest printer in the western hemisphere, spend way more than the 20 large, we still have trouble getting supplies from them...

go figure
Actually they are much better - up here anyway.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on May 14, 2013, 09:33:31 AM
Quote from: born2print on May 13, 2013, 01:58:00 PM

go figure
Actually they are much better - up here anyway.

Ditto here too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Fuji has never let me down once and many, many a time saved my ass.

Agfa has saved my ass before but supply was a constant issue.

Kodak sucks monkey balls.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job