Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 01, 2007, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

i do quite like the "quit quack" command

and i can remember the keystrokes for that too

:P
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

pspdfppdfxhd

also we would'nt have that delightful easter egg of the alien with the bazooka blowing up the little guy. It's such a classic that it hasn't changed since verion 3? i think. Stunning display, I watch it at least once a month

jimking

Quote from: beermonster on October 03, 2007, 09:12:46 AMi do quite like the "quit quack" command

and i can remember the keystrokes for that too

:P

That cat is killing me, beermonster! ;D

Joe

Quote from: ddog on October 02, 2007, 01:48:59 PMVersion 7 now exports a usable pdf file.

Only if you like random objects dropping out at RIP time. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

cjwworld

Makers of Headache medicine would stay in  Business!          ;);)

beermonster

well get out the way jim - he's currently aiming at quack's headquarters.....so that must mean......wait a goddang second - jim - why are you sitting in the marketing department of quack????????  OMG!!!!! jim's a plant <no - not a herb> :ninja:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

tomu570

OK. So let's review.

Quark users are likely to become alcoholics and pill poppers.  Your wife is probably cheating on you and your kids don't even remember your name because Quark keeps you from ever getting home.  And unless you are outputting 2 color letterheads and business cards Quark can't even generate a reliable PDF.  The most common file format in the industry has only been around since 1993. Give them time.  But please take it easy on our friends at Quark......that alien is the best!    And it rhymes with Fark.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on October 03, 2007, 10:58:42 AM
Quote from: ddog on October 02, 2007, 01:48:59 PMVersion 7 now exports a usable pdf file.

Only if you like random objects dropping out at RIP time. ;D

yep..   seen this one MANY times..

I like that its a challenge to guess which objects will drop.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Ahhh yes...and it's never the same object twice in a row. Keeps me on my toes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

yep, keeps the brain sharp..   I dont mind that part one bit..    :D
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: tomu570 on October 22, 2007, 12:25:48 PMOK. So let's review.

Quark users are likely to become alcoholics and pill poppers.  Your wife is probably cheating on you and your kids don't even remember your name because Quark keeps you from ever getting home.  And unless you are outputting 2 color letterheads and business cards Quark can't even generate a reliable PDF.  The most common file format in the industry has only been around since 1993. Give them time.  But please take it easy on our friends at Quark......that alien is the best!    And it rhymes with Fark.

hmmm...yeah....learned that lesson too late!

gnubler

Great thread. :laugh:

I had to launch q today, it's been at least a week. I feel dirty now. :embarrassed:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

Downloaded the version 8 sixty day demo for 1 job that came in. Next time I had to use it, the demo had expired and if not for this site and DCS in particular, would not have gotten the job out.

So at least we can band together to overcome our Quark headaches...sort of like the west against the commies in the 50's and 60's. (or something like that).

Captain_Type

Okay, since this thread was resurrected...there is a new patch that reinstalls it to version 8.5.

I haven't run any jobs in it, but it did open.
Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter