Quark 6.52 won't load

Started by Skryber, February 18, 2010, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

Okay, I think I'm good now. Something was weird with my extensions so I replaced them with ones from another mac and everything's fine now except the FontWizard extension. I'll figure that out later, it's the wrong version. I have data merging to do. Thanks everyone!
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

I have a sudden craving for frosted flakes.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

youston

Quote from: Skryber on February 18, 2010, 01:50:16 PMI have a sudden craving for frosted flakes.

Okay, now that this thread is veering off topic, I have to say that I took one look at the subject line "Quark 6.52 won't load" and I thought to myself "Why do people have to brag when good things happen?"  :laugh:

Skryber

The Earth would be a better place if Quark would fall off of it. I made a list of things I need for when "the great loan" arrives. Well....."if" it arrives. One of them is Design Merge for Indesign so I never have to do this shit in Quack ever again.

Farabomb

Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 01:51:55 PM
Quote from: Skryber on February 18, 2010, 01:50:16 PMI have a sudden craving for frosted flakes.

Okay, now that this thread is veering off topic, I have to say that I took one look at the subject line "Quark 6.52 won't load" and I thought to myself "Why do people have to brag when good things happen?"  :laugh:

I thought the exact same thing but realized Skryb was in real trouble so I didn't post any smartass comments.  :laugh:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

youston

Quote from: Farabomb on February 18, 2010, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 01:51:55 PM

I thought the exact same thing but realized Skryb was in real trouble so I didn't post any smartass comments.  :laugh:

Yeah, that's why I waited until her problem was solved. I've lived with a pregnant woman ... no one will cut your throat faster!   :shocked:

Skryber

I've been pretty calm for not being able to schmoke. I wonder if I'm just gonna go postal one of these days. At work for sure!  :evil:

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on February 18, 2010, 04:30:17 PMI've been pretty calm for not being able to schmoke. I wonder if I'm just gonna go postal one of these days. At work for sure!  :evil:

Make sure the sales team is there at the time...and some customers (mine) if possible. :death:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

Quote from: Joe on February 18, 2010, 04:41:55 PM
Quote from: Skryber on February 18, 2010, 04:30:17 PMI've been pretty calm for not being able to schmoke. I wonder if I'm just gonna go postal one of these days. At work for sure!  :evil:

Make sure the sales team is there at the time...and some customers (mine) if possible. :death:

Line em up!

youston

If you can bottle it up, and learn to channel it, the delivery will go much faster!

Skryber

Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 06:52:35 PM

If you can bottle it up, and learn to channel it, the delivery will go much faster!

I was hoping the kid had some superhero powers and can teleport itself out. Yeah, I'm going for that route.

youston

Quote from: Skryber on February 18, 2010, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: youston on February 18, 2010, 06:52:35 PM

I was hoping the kid had some superhero powers and can teleport itself out. Yeah, I'm going for that route.

I'm actually just joking around. Shell had the easiest pregnancy ever ... didn't find out she was pregnant until 20 weeks, no morning sickness, no moodiness (if you discount the fact that we were both FREAKED that we were gonna be parents in 5 months). She didn't smoke cigarettes, and she doesn't drink alcohol, though. Didn't have to give up much. Her high school best friend is an ob/gyn in Florida ... told her to toke up -- the baby would let her know when it was time to stop (around the last 4 weeks). Not condoning or encouraging any behavior, but that's what we were told, and considering that Shell gave birth to a 10 lb., perfectly healthy boy, we have noticed no ill effects (although I'm withholding final judgement until he's a teenager).

Best thing -- before she was pregnant, she was a straight up vegetarian, and therefore, so was I. :cry:

A week after finding out she was pregnant, I came home from work to find her in the kitchen, chicken in both hands.  :grin:

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

I got one better than you skryb, NONE of my versions of quark work right now. 6.1-8.whatever crashes on startup. Of coruse I have 3 rush jobs form a clueless (she told me straight out she has no idea what she is doing) designer. I gave her the exact PDF settings I need and she still can't make one to save her life. Applejack already, moved extentions, nothing.

That plus I'm sick as a dog. Fun friggin day.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job