Quark 6.52 won't load

Started by Skryber, February 18, 2010, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skryber

It worked for me when I replaced my extensions with ones I had on a different Mac. Unfortunately, the Font Wizard one was the wrong one and I replaced it and now it's gone forever. Haha! I can still open in 7 when I need to use it.
Weird that none of your versions work.

This person had the same problem:

http://forums.quark.com/t/22379.aspx
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Somehow I had 150+ fonts loaded. Might have something to do with the boss using my computer this AM. Quark 6.1 is still tits up but that's been unstable for quite a while. 7 is now working so I can get something out, 8? I shudder with fear every time I click on that icon so I've been avoiding it.

I could use the iMac here but the sausage needs it to check her gossip sites and blare shitty videos all day so I can't get on it. Hmmm, maybe time for some Pantera.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on February 25, 2010, 12:36:38 PMSomehow I had 150+ fonts loaded. Might have something to do with the boss using my computer this AM. Quark 6.1 is still tits up but that's been unstable for quite a while. 7 is now working so I can get something out, 8? I shudder with fear every time I click on that icon so I've been avoiding it.

I could use the iMac here but the sausage needs it to check her gossip sites and blare shitty videos all day so I can't get on it. Hmmm, maybe time for some Pantera.

Not that I'm a big fan of quark 8 but it's much better than Quark 7.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

It's always time for Pantera.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Farabomb

Luckily this designer is still using 6.1 and through my voodoo I've gotten 6.1 back. I'd rather not to ever use quack but 6 doesn't make me recoil in horror like the others.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Syphon

Quote from: Joe on February 25, 2010, 12:53:33 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on February 25, 2010, 12:36:38 PMSomehow I had 150+ fonts loaded. Might have something to do with the boss using my computer this AM. Quark 6.1 is still tits up but that's been unstable for quite a while. 7 is now working so I can get something out, 8? I shudder with fear every time I click on that icon so I've been avoiding it.

Not that I'm a big fan of quark 8 but it's much better than Quark 7.

We got Quark 8 like a month ago and its still in the box. I'm still running 6.52, but I am curious to see what Quark 8 is like.
BTW, I still prefer InDesign.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quark 8 is like Quark 7, only BIGGER! It's about as different as Quark 7 to Quark 6.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on February 25, 2010, 06:13:32 PMQuark 8 is like Quark 7, only BIGGER! It's about as different as Quark 7 to Quark 6.

Don't forget to mention that it has electrolytes! They're what prepress craves!

Farabomb

I wasn't aware there were electrolytes in crap.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job