Main Menu

Email from Quark

Started by Joe, August 19, 2010, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratintrap

Quote from: Joe on August 19, 2010, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: youston on August 19, 2010, 05:16:46 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 19, 2010, 05:03:43 PM
Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 04:56:03 PMWhat's "quark"? Never heard of it. We use Microsoft here.

You know, it's quite a stupid sounding name to start with.

As time goes by, it lives up to its name more and more ... a quark is a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny thing. (Sorry, got carried away.)

Quark1: Any of a group of six elementary particles having electric charges of a magnitude one-third or two-thirds that of the electron, regarded as constituents of all hadrons.

Quark2: A soft creamy acid-cured cheese of central Europe made from whole milk.

It can be educational here too.

Quark=Cheese  :shocked: :wink:

hotmetal

explains much              :lipsrsealed:
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

youston

Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 06:31:36 PMSo cheesy!

Oh, now gnubler -- you have to try harder than that, here!  :angry:

hotmetal

I got an email from Quark recently.

Didn't even open it.

The other day I spent the entire shift converting an old Quark job to Indesign. That was quite gratifying.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Quark® is the store-brand Velveeta buried amongst mountainous piles of cottage-made Gorgonzola?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: hotmetal on August 19, 2010, 07:51:33 PMThe other day I spent the entire shift converting an old Quark job to Indesign. That was quite gratifying.

I've been doing that often as time permits. Soon I will have no q documents with modification dates beyond 2009.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 07:53:31 PMQuark® is the store-brand Velveeta buried amongst mountainous piles of cottage-made Gorgonzola?

I think this may be the funniest thing I have ever read. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

It is not even comparable to Tap's infamous "Sitting in a classroom reading a children's book upside down?" comment.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 08:03:27 PMIt is not even comparable to Tap's infamous "Sitting in a classroom reading a children's book upside down?" comment.

I do not have the "classic" sense of humor that you have there, mí muy gordo calienté chi-chi. I found Tap's to be amusing, but yours to be... relevant.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Yeah, but I had to Google "fancy cheese" to complete the sentence. :embarrassed: It is not original.

youston

Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 08:33:37 PMYeah, but I had to Google "fancy cheese" to complete the sentence. :embarrassed: It is not original.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. ~ Albert Einstein :shhh:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on August 19, 2010, 08:35:01 PM
Quote from: gnubler on August 19, 2010, 08:33:37 PMYeah, but I had to Google "fancy cheese" to complete the sentence. :embarrassed: It is not original.

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. ~ Albert Einstein :shhh:

Fucking A!
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

Quote from: youston on August 19, 2010, 08:35:01 PM

I'm not a politician or elected official, Youston. All squirrel, nothing more.

David

got this one the other day:

http://app.info.quark.com/e/es.aspx?s=802&e=140865&elq=90fa36e665f44a8c914af459df5c18f9

and it came from Victoria Goodship, Marketing Manager

kinda weird, her name and Quark in the same email...

scary, to say the least
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca