What settings should be used to output good pdfs w/o color shifts

Started by Lumpy, February 23, 2011, 09:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Hey everyone,

When outputting a pdf from Quack using the Press Quality settings there is a color shift issue.
The color setting was set as Composite CMYK.
The designer placed an Il eps which is 100% black and Quack changes the formula to C-73, M-72, M-69, K-55 ?
I changed the color setting to As is and that worked.
Whats up with that?
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Lumpy

Chilbear

Just for giggles, try exporting PS from Q and use Acrobat to generate the PDF. When I used Q I NEVER made the PDF from Q but that was V6.5.

mwc

Somewhere in Quark Prefs there was Color Management option that you had to turn OFF so Q stopped messing with your color.
Don't remember where, and I don't even have Q installed anymore on my machine.
Maybe that's it?

gnubler

Guys, can you give q the respect it deserves and drop the caps? Thanks.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Think this is what mwc is talking about. See if you have that checked.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Lumpy

So the Il file that was placed was 100% black, but the swatch that was used was the CMYK black.  You know C-0, M-0, Y-0, K-100.
I changed it to a Grayscale color mode black in Il.  That worked.
Interesting.

Lumpy

Quote from: Farabomb on February 23, 2011, 10:06:52 AMThink this is what mwc is talking about. See if you have that checked.

Het Farabomb,
I don't see anything like that. I got this?

Farabomb

That was from Quack 6.5. Guess you're using 7. My settings are the same with the execption of instead of automatic mine is set to Kodak. It is strange that quark doesn't play well EPS. I was under the impression that's the only format that works correctly. Maybe the illy EPS was from a newer version and adobe screwed with the encoding?

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Stiv

Lumpy

Quote from: Farabomb on February 24, 2011, 08:36:59 AMThat was from Quack 6.5. Guess you're using 7. My settings are the same with the execption of instead of automatic mine is set to Kodak. It is strange that quark doesn't play well EPS. I was under the impression that's the only format that works correctly. Maybe the illy EPS was from a newer version and adobe screwed with the encoding?
I'm sorry, yeah we use Quack 8 and CS5.