News:

Main Menu

Shuttle

Started by whoami, October 24, 2007, 09:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

is anyone using shuttle with the totalrip?   We are using shuttle to submit all of our jobs through Nexus.  I set up the conditionals in the xml files to ask for linescreen, orientation,  scaling factor and which device to send to when submitting. We have almost no complaints so far. 

Joe

I use it for Nexus but I think it's the same for Nexus as it is for Total RIP. I've set it up the same way with the conditionals. Much, much better than just dropping a file on a hotfolder. Plus it greatly reduces the number of workflows and hotfolders you need to have and administer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

I wish I knew what the heck shuttle was. The instructor talked about XML tickets but never mentioned shuttle.

???

whoami

Quote from: G_Town on October 24, 2007, 02:24:30 PMI wish I knew what the heck shuttle was. The instructor talked about XML tickets but never mentioned shuttle.

???

Shuttle is a little application that uses xml tickets.  If you set up the xml file right and you drag and drop something into the little shuttle window and a prompt will come up with all the options you set in the xml file.  You can set almost any option in there like what linescreen you want, ink limits, folder paths, scaling, etc.....  It actually comes with Nexus Manager.  So if you have Nexus Manager installed Shuttle should be in the same folder. 

repro_is_still_alive

We are using Shuttle for both our Artpro and Ai (via TotalRIP) work, our op's love it.