News:

Main Menu

Adobe? WTH?

Started by Joe, July 17, 2008, 04:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: almaink on July 18, 2008, 11:08:39 AMJoe are the coordinates the same in both versions of Indy? Also check with the direct select tool to see if one of that pages might have moved. I've had PDF's move on their own in Indy CS3 if they were placed into a graphic box and not placed with their own bounding box.

Yes, coordinates the same in both and both were placed with their own box. Posted it at PP so Dov can tell me I'm just imagining things. :azn:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

you probably didn't follow all the proper Adobe rules...

you being a prepress guy an all...

one of these days you'll learn...

now, get back to work!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on July 18, 2008, 02:10:43 PMyou probably didn't follow all the proper Adobe rules...

you being a prepress guy an all...

one of these days you'll learn...

now, get back to work!

I am bad about that! :laugh:

WharfRat

Is there a .tif anywhere in relation to the type involved ...
or is it just type everywhere?

MSD
-----

Customer sent me PDF files. 2 page center spread was sent as 2 single page PDF's instead of as a spread. Type runs across the fold. No problem, I get it all of the time. I just place the 2 PDF's into InDesign, match them up mathematically and booya, a spread with a perfect crossover in the middle...

Here is the high res preview showing the letters in InDesign. See, perfect match. The 2nd image is the resulting PDF that I export from ID CS3. No longer matches.

Do the same thing is ID CS2 and they match up perfectly.

WTF?

[/quote]

Joe

Quote from: WharfRat on July 18, 2008, 07:40:49 PMIs there a .tif anywhere in relation to the type involved ...

MSD
-----

It's two PDF files. The PDF's do have images in them but I don't know what the format of the original images are. The text that does not cross is the text inside the 2 PDF's

WharfRat

Is there a .tif anywhere in relation to the type involved ...

MSD
-----

It's two PDF files. The PDF's do have images in them but I don't know what the format of the original images are. The text that does not cross is the text inside the 2 PDF's

--
There is a known issue with things moving when a .tif is involved
and a PDF is "exported" from InDy.
(As I recall - it is with the .tif shifting
but ... I would need to go through my White Papers to be certain.)
Does it happen with PostScript and Distiller? (The mentioned issue does not)
Can you post this somewhere?

MSD

Joe

The only thing that is going across the fold is text. No images of any kind.

I've tried a few more things. I tried it on a different Mac. An Intel Mac running OS 10.4.11 with InDesign CS3. It does the same thing with the text from the left half not linking up with the text on the right half. It's off in the same direction and the same distance.

If I print a PDF via the Adobe PDF printer or print a postscript file and distill the text comes out lined up just fine. It's only direct export from ID CS3.

I'll PM you a link to the PDF with the two single pages I'm trying to make a spread out of.

WharfRat

That sounds right. Distiller bypasses the issue.
I will try processing the PDFs on Monday.

MSD

--
The only thing that is going across the fold is text. No images of any kind.

I've tried a few more things. I tried it on a different Mac. An Intel Mac running OS 10.4.11 with InDesign CS3. It does the same thing with the text from the left half not linking up with the text on the right half. It's off in the same direction and the same distance.

If I print a PDF via the Adobe PDF printer or print a postscript file and distill the text comes out lined up just fine. It's only direct export from ID CS3.

I'll PM you a link to the PDF with the two single pages I'm trying to make a spread out of.
[/quote]

almaink

No matter WTF Dov says, Adobe has changed the way PDF export works in CS3. This is just one more example. I still haven't heard back from him about my OPI issue if I export from Indy CS3. Hope you have better luck Joe.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Joe

Not holding my breath there Alma.