Layer Visibility Error

Started by ninjaPB_43, March 02, 2009, 01:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

These are the fonts showing in the "Rev" PDF, can you confirm? I DO NOT have Warnock Loaded at all. Hahahahaha.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I can make it give me the error when relinking by turning off the option "Show Import Options". Once I do that I get the warning. And the warning is just that. It is warning you the layers are different because the old one has a layer named Layer 1 while the revised one does not have any layers. So ID is just letting you know they have different layer information. The revised file also has a PDF producer: Adobe PDF Library 8.00 while the old file was blank for PDF producer. See attached. So the designer has done something differently in the PDF creation process.

What kind of error are you getting when you try to RIP the new file?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

hahahaha    oh geez..  Trueflow's error log just says..  "the system deleted the Process Job automatically."  :death:  I know it happened upon trying to autotrap..  because I was watching..    nice detailed report Screen, thanks!  :angry:

Edit: I found another instance and the report log says " Error occured in the process of Auto Trap"..  nothing more, nothing less..  hahahahaha

ok, so if it doesn't work that means go to the bar, right?  :drunk:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2009, 04:21:15 PMI can make it give me the error when relinking by turning off the option "Show Import Options". Once I do that I get the warning. And the warning is just that. It is warning you the layers are different because the old one has a layer named Layer 1 while the revised one does not have any layers. So ID is just letting you know they have different layer information. The revised file also has a PDF producer: Adobe PDF Library 8.00 while the old file was blank for PDF producer. See attached. So the designer has done something differently in the PDF creation process.

What kind of error are you getting when you try to RIP the new file?

I think you may be on to something with the PDF producer Joe..     :ninja:

edit: also, where are you getting that the revised file doesn't have a layer..  when I open it in Illy, it has "Layer 1"   :huh:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

From viewing layers in acrobat. See attached.

Joe

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2009, 04:48:04 PMFrom viewing layers in acrobat. See attached.

Edit: The layers might be the same in Illy. They are not the same in the PDF's though. The person definitely did something different in the way they created these two PDF's.

ninjaPB_43

Here's my best guess.  The first file was done by Save As..  to a v1.3 PDF.

the revised was done by "printing to Adobe PDF 8.0"  and when in the print dialog box they changed the setting below to "Visible Layers".

How much you want to bet? 

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 02, 2009, 04:56:49 PMHere's my best guess.  The first file was done by Save As..  to a v1.3 PDF.

the revised was done by "printing to Adobe PDF 8.0"  and when in the print dialog box they changed the setting below to "Visible Layers".

hahaha...   nope.  wrong.  good thing I didn't take any bets..  :cry:

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on March 02, 2009, 04:56:49 PMHere's my best guess.  The first file was done by Save As..  to a v1.3 PDF.

How much you got?  :laugh:

The first one is a 1.5 PDF, not 1.3. Or so says Acrobat document properties.

And the second one wasn't printed or it wouldn't have transparency. Printing flattens. And both have live transparency.

Joe

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2009, 05:04:53 PM

And the second one wasn't printed or it wouldn't have transparency. Printing flattens. And both have live transparency.

Damnit...I was wanting to bet!  :evil:

ninjaPB_43

The second one is also PDF/X-4...   see attached.. 

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe on March 02, 2009, 05:05:37 PM

Damnit...I was wanting to bet!  :evil:

heehee.. its too late in the day for this..  my brain shut down at about 2..

ninjaPB_43

I clicked verify conformance...   it failed.  the stench grows stronger and warmer..

ninjaPB_43

I WIN I WIN!! 

I took the old file that was running just fine..  opened it in ILLY, saved as and tagged for PDF/X-4 compliance and then tried to relink the file and VOILA! error/warning regenerated..   

Now off to tell artists to STOP IT! :laugh:

frailer

A long shot. I just downloaded/installed this update this morning.

InDes update

Install~cleanup...see if it makes a diff?  Stranger things have happened.

OK, in light of above, it probably won't make a diff.  Nice work!    :smiley:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.