ID 4 Crashes When Saving

Started by we3dumys, March 05, 2009, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

You know, there is usually a choice to use the Adobe dialog or Apple dialog. You might try changing from one to the other.

If recent places crashes Indy, then don't click it.  :cheesy:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: we3dumys on March 06, 2009, 01:45:09 PMThe server works fine with Quark, all CS3 programs Word etc. Which is why I am so stumped...

The only thing I noticed was that after the server came back up- it won't automount on boot, and when I do connect to the server manually, the Icon I had assigned to the job server is no longer used.

Is the Server a Log-In Item in your User Prefs?
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

ASH totally rocks! Say hello to my boomstick!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

What version of ID? What OS X version? Does this only happen from this Mac using ID or does it repeat on other Macs?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Often times, when a server crashes here, I have to delete the auto-login alias, re-mount and establish a new connection. Strange that it works with other apps just fine tho.

Have you emptied the Safari Cache?  :tongue:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

we3dumys

I have dumped both the cache and prefs for ID. Actually, now that I am really trying to troubleshoot this, I noticed that AI is showing the same behavior, but not Photoshop... which is starting to really tweak me out.

You guys have put out some good suggestions, but I think that the problem may be something I saw in ID CS3... which is if you are working from a server, adn you disconnect from that server while the file is open ID crashes. (I have an unreliable network- my boss insists on running/maintaining it. His training is from PC Magazine. :blowup:)

In CS3, nothing ever broke when this happened- I could nuke the prefs and everything would be fine again. Doesn't seem to be the case in CS4- and since I see it in 2 of the cs4 programs- I am thinking that AI and ID in CS4 use common files for access to some of the OSX services and when the server went down, one of those got corrupted. I was informed shortly before punching out that we have an ASN membership- which means I can dump all this on Adobe! Now lets see if they can help.

jezza

If you still have the Indy document open, save locally to your desktop and once the server connection has been re-established copy it back over to the right location.

Never complain to Adobe that you're working across  network, they don't want to know, they 'don't support it'
one sick prepress mofo