Multi-page document > single Postscript files

Started by gnubler, March 18, 2009, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: Earendil on March 18, 2009, 02:47:02 PM... well I did not think that girl could be so cruel.

Well done, sir. I salute you!

Adriano

Quote from: gnubler on March 18, 2009, 01:20:11 PMI may have asked this already, but I'm asking again. Color me determined.

Is there any way to print a 30 page document to Postscript and get 30 individual .ps files? I've been doing it page by page and I'm sick of it. Found a few utilities online, but nothing free. Any scripts or plugins? FREE?

Export as eps and distill them
Indesign exports one eps per page :laugh:
Still not drinking. Never been better

Bugs

Quote from: gnubler on March 18, 2009, 01:20:11 PMI may have asked this already, but I'm asking again. Color me determined.

Is there any way to print a 30 page document to Postscript and get 30 individual .ps files? I've been doing it page by page and I'm sick of it. Found a few utilities online, but nothing free. Any scripts or plugins? FREE?
I have a script at work that will do it. I'll post it tomorrow.I think it'll do PS,PDF and ESP. It works for Indesing CS1-4.
Prinergy 7
Bunch of Macs
Some PCs
Advanced PH8 systems
Epsons
Among other Prepress Crap

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Bugs

Prinergy 7
Bunch of Macs
Some PCs
Advanced PH8 systems
Epsons
Among other Prepress Crap

youston

Quote from: Bugs on March 18, 2009, 04:18:37 PM

I have a script at work that will do it. I'll post it tomorrow.I think it'll do PS,PDF and ESP. It works for Indesing CS1-4.

Niiiiice! You'll fit in well here. Welcome.

Adriano

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on March 18, 2009, 03:01:54 PMI think she is using Acrobat 6 Standard (not pro...remember that?) on Windows XP and if I remember right she can't do some of the things mentioned here in this thread.

That's right. This was all covered in the "Making the smallest PDF possible" thread, and after much fucking around the best result I've found is to distill Postscript files. I just find it absurd to have to print them one by one from Indy to get single PDFs. The saga continues.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Thanks Adriano, I'll try that tomorrow. If it works I'm buying you beer.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Adriano

Quote from: gnubler on March 18, 2009, 04:56:03 PMThanks Adriano, I'll try that tomorrow. If it works I'm buying you beer.

Can't wait
Buy me now, buy me now :grin: :grin: :grin:

gnubler

Um, oops. Did I just give you a shove off the wagon?

I'm on it, too. Until Friday, anyway.  :laugh:

tapdn

"now my feet stink, my head hurts and I don't love Jesus- that kind'a morning, really was that kind of night... and if I don't die by Thursday I'll be roaring Friday night."
J. Buffett
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

determined

I would also go with the export as eps. It will flatten the transparency the same as a ps and will give you separate files to distill.
Murphy must have been in printing....

mattbeals

Email it to me and I'll split it for  you.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian