Deativating CS3 OSX

Started by Lefkoff, April 03, 2009, 07:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefkoff

Sorry for posting this here but I need immediate help. My company gave me a  Mac Book Pro laptop a year or 2 ago. They now want it back. How do I deacvtivate/deauthorize all of my CS3 apps on this laptop?

I also know that I need to deacvtivate/deauthorize my itunes. Is there anything else I need to do before I give this machine up. My goal is to return the machine with nothing on it but the original system software.

Any help would be appreciated.

beermonster

hello

well you could do a reformat of the disk from your osx software disk - this erases the lot and starts afresh with basic system - probably the most thorough method

cs3 - on the cs3 installer cd there will be uninstall software - there is a read-me file on it that details how to uninstall the apps ok
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

I can't believe that the company bought you the Mac but not the software? Kinda weird.

In Indesign or Photoshop, go to the Help menu and drag down to Deactivate.
Do not try to just delete the software or un-install, Adobe won't know that you did this and it will still be "activated" on that Mac.

but, anyway, found this:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb400786#notethree

scroll down for the video

Also found some other comments about the de-activation process sometimes doesn't work.
You may want to call Adobe and have them do it over the phone. Even then, you may need to go through the process again when you try to re-install it on another Mac.

If you need more than this, you may want to try a Google search for de-activation and see for yourself.

No Joy
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca