Phone system programing

Started by Farabomb, April 22, 2011, 10:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Since we are a little slow I'm tasked with trying to figure out how to get the automated attendant and voicemail up and working on our Lucent phone system. I have all the manuals, have been reading them for a week and still can't get the damn thing working. We bought the system at an auction so I have no support. Does anyone have any experience with phone systems? It seems easy enough but I am missing something.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Not much help with your Lucent, we had them a while back and they went the way of the willow.

we just went through a phone "upgrade" here. It's all VOIP now, we can plug phones into the computer ports and after a few key codes, be on the phone chatting away.

but, then again, some morons here have trouble putting a call on hold before they initiate the paging system, so everybody in the plant gets to hear the lovely "on hold' muzak.
fun times
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: david on April 22, 2011, 10:57:55 AMNot much help with your Lucent, we had them a while back and they went the way of the willow.

we just went through a phone "upgrade" here. It's all VOIP now, we can plug phones into the computer ports and after a few key codes, be on the phone chatting away.

but, then again, some morons here have trouble putting a call on hold before they initiate the paging system, so everybody in the plant gets to hear the lovely "on hold' muzak.
fun times

Which way did the willow go, David?

David

did a google on that and this comes up with this as the first hit

Way of the Willow

kinda funny, if you think about it
well, maybe not
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

You two.  :laugh: I'm afraid to click, yet I'm not...
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

go ahead and click.
It's safe for work and is probably a place most of us will end up at before too long.

I wouldn't lie to you
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Oh yeah. I was there in 1998. It was after my first year in printing. They gave me "medicine" to make me forget, but it's all clear to me now.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

That place looks better than where the GF works. By pure dumb luck I got the phone system working so they will have to find more busy work for me.  :banghead:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job