News:

Main Menu

Learning Pitstop 10

Started by Tracy, December 13, 2010, 04:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaze1

Quote from: Joe on June 21, 2012, 10:31:48 AMThe only thing that might work is if there is clipping path in the PDF that is the same size as the column. If you have an Indy document with columns that you know the size of, make a PDF and see if there is a clipping path that is the same size.
Thanks Joe, I'll look into it.

Tracy

Im gonna get another license for my new mac
I have 1 more Pitstop 6 or 7 license on a G5
2 questions:
Do i need to uninstall the older pitstop from the G5?
and is it upgradable or do I need to buy the new full version?
Acro X

I will check the website but I like to check here first. :kiss:

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on August 21, 2012, 11:29:20 AMIm gonna get another license for my new mac
I have 1 more Pitstop 6 or 7 license on a G5
2 questions:
Do i need to uninstall the older pitstop from the G5?
and is it upgradable or do I need to buy the new full version?
Acro X

I will check the website but I like to check here first. :kiss:

Pitstop 6 or 7 is not upgradable to Pistop 11. So no, you do not need to uninstall it as you will need to buy a full version for your new Mac.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Not 100% but I am fairly certain you can no longer upgrade from v7 and earlier. You can try to negotiate with them, but it was about last September they sent out a press release saying to, "do it now."

Not 100% sure about having to uninstall, but I would recommend to at least deactivate the license first. If you have any custom scripts or colors, you may want to back up your preferences just in case.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Here is the relevant info.

abc

You can't upgrade directly via the website with those older versions, but if you talk to your reseller they might be able to do something for you.

Let me know how you get on, if you run into any issues let me know and I'll see if I can put in a good word.

DigiCorn

Quote from: abc on August 21, 2012, 11:43:08 AMYou can't upgrade directly via the website with those older versions, but if you talk to your reseller they might be able to do something for you.

Let me know how you get on, if you run into any issues let me know and I'll see if I can put in a good word.
Matt Beals
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Yeah I got the upgrade last time from Matt
Just need another one.
I will check it out
Thanks guys!

800 buckaroos for the full version
I think I can pull it off :dev2:

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

How do you change the page size with pitstop?
For when you want to extend bleed etc..
I usually use the crop doc in Acro, not the best way to do it.
And I'm trying to learn the Media Box, Trim Box also

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 07, 2012, 10:43:05 AMHow do you change the page size with pitstop?

With the Design Layout Panel.

Tracy

Thanks Joe! so it asks you to save the layout every time.
do you just save common sizes?

DigiCorn

Quote from: Tracy on November 07, 2012, 10:43:05 AMHow do you change the page size with pitstop?
I do this all the time for posters. They want 24 x 35, but send me art 8.5 x 11. I use scale by format.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 07, 2012, 11:00:06 AMThanks Joe! so it asks you to save the layout every time.
do you just save common sizes?

Yes that is what I would do. I don't change the page boxes on much stuff though. Once you get it setup the way you want it just give a good name and anytime you need it, it will be there just a click away.

t-pat

I have several Design Layout presets that will fix page boxes, extend bleed, remove and re-add crop marks etc. I'd be glad to post somewhere. I've shared it with other operators here and they use them occasionally. I use them every day.

I also keep one called "TEMP" that I modify ad-hoc for situations that don't work with my presets.

One of the extremely useful features of Design Layout is the ability to add actions to your presets, so you can stack common repetitive stuff up in one action. I have one that will take a pdf that is to trim size on all page boxes and extend the media box, extend the bleed box, set crops to the trim box, and run the extend bleed action.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait