any xerox 700 users?

Started by agent_orange, October 25, 2012, 10:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on August 06, 2013, 07:29:59 AM
Quote from: gnubler on August 02, 2013, 09:41:44 PMWe have a 700i with server. The engine has already been replaced once. The server has crashed at least twice that I know of and the techs they send out to fix the box seem to be bottom level techs. "What's Firefox?" I'll never forget that one.

I hate xerox just because. I used to run a KM 6501 with Creo RIP and it was *better* but the truth is that all copiers I mean digital presses fucking suck. Duplex registration is the biggest problem, especially when xerox says a 1/16" skew is within spec.   :drunk3:  I presume they don't actually try to print jobs for resale.
Didn't know where to put this link, this one seems right.
http://www.dkriesel.com/en/blog/2013/0802_xerox-workcentres_are_switching_written_numbers_when_scanning?

go xerox!  :sarcasm:

Well now...that is a nice little "feature". :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Yeah, right?
makes you wonder what else is going on :huh:

Think of the companies and agencies around the world that have used these systems to digitize originals and shred the paperwork.
Now the digitized originals are wrong.

Nice one xerox...but who knows...could be another NSA backdoor or something.  :laugh: :shocked:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Also, you know that copiers put microdot signatures on everything so it can be traced back to that device.

Doomed.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

looks like a pile of crapasslowres scans to me, but hey, any chance to stick it to the man!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: Farabomb on August 06, 2013, 10:52:39 AMAlso, you know that copiers put microdot signatures on everything so it can be traced back to that device.

Doomed.
yep...and for color copiers they employ some fancier technology if I'm remembering right.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job