Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Joe

Quote from: david on February 06, 2019, 01:46:28 PMGreat Pile o'Crap

:rotf:

Got me one of those going right now!

Catalog with black only changes between the 3 versions. Files have 4 color changes everywhere.

:facepalm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Those aren't colors. That's Black 2, Black 3, Black 4....
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: Possum on February 06, 2019, 03:25:20 PMThose aren't colors. That's Black 2, Black 3, Black 4....

Well it is going to generate plates then for Black, Black 2, Black 3, Black 4.... :rotf:

mc hristel

We just had a job go through that it was claimed at some point was going to be black only plate changes, but guess what? Brown type is not black only so full plate changes all around! :banana:

Joe

Quote from: mc hristel on February 06, 2019, 07:12:56 PMWe just had a job go through that it was claimed at some point was going to be black only plate changes, but guess what? Brown type is not black only so full plate changes all around! :banana:

It boggles my mind that people using InDesign don't know to put all the 4 color in one InDesign file and then put each black version type changes in its own layer in that document. Output a PDF for each version with the base layer and only the black changes layer for that version turned on. Abracadabra....perfection. So easy a monkey could do it.

:monkeyfight:

Possum

Yeah, but I bet they can use effects layers in Photoshop. That's what counts, right?  :sarcasm:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Quote from: Joe on February 06, 2019, 09:24:10 PM
Quote from: mc hristel on February 06, 2019, 07:12:56 PMWe just had a job go through that it was claimed at some point was going to be black only plate changes, but guess what? Brown type is not black only so full plate changes all around! :banana:

It boggles my mind that people using InDesign don't know to put all the 4 color in one InDesign file and then put each black version type changes in its own layer in that document. Output a PDF for each version with the base layer and only the black changes layer for that version turned on. Abracadabra....perfection. So easy a monkey could do it.

yeah except even then... we do apparel catalogs that are done that way, should be perfect, but they always find a way to add a challenge. Last year it was to move a 1" version of the logo around a bit, could have been 100% blk logo and would still be ok, but they are experts and the logo was rich black. HA! touché! got us again! :ohno:

btw, we caught it at press and did some creative hone-offs rather than make all plates but still - grrrr

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: born2print on February 07, 2019, 11:22:32 AM

yeah except even then... we do apparel catalogs that are done that way, should be perfect, but they always find a way to add a challenge. Last year it was to move a 1" version of the logo around a bit, could have been 100% blk logo and would still be ok, but they are experts and the logo was rich black. HA! touché! got us again! :ohno:

btw, we caught it at press and did some creative hone-offs rather than make all plates but still - grrrr

Indeed. The more idiot proof we make it the better (or worse if you prefer) idiots they create.

Tracy

Quote from: born2print on February 07, 2019, 11:22:32 AM

Love it when a press op isn't afraid to fix something on press!!

born2print

:rotf:  except a different time / couple of months ago, no one could find a single deletion pen in the whole plant! D'OH!

Tracy

David

oven baked plates you can't hone off with a belt sander.

:hangme:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ninjaPB_43

There's even a script for outputting versions of a base layer!!

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley