Photoshop CC program now at 10 buck a month

Started by mwc, September 06, 2013, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

Syphon

Quote from: mwc on September 06, 2013, 01:11:34 PMIf you are a Photoshop only user (or Lightroom) this may be of interest.

http://techland.time.com/2013/09/05/adobes-10-per-month-photoshop-subscription-warrants-a-cautious-high-five/

:homer:

I just switch to this back in April after my old Mac Pro (at home) took a dump on me and I upgraded to a new iMac with Mavericks. Before that I was using the single app program that was costing me $20 a month, and that was ONLY for one application. I can't understand the pricing there but can't complain about cutting my monthly bill by half.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Possum

Man, Adobe must not be having a good year.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

They're (Adobe) is in bed with Apple. I pretty much need to buy a new Mac to keep up.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

That's why I'll only upgrade kicking and screaming.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

jannatul18

Jannatul
Hobbyist photographer |graphic designer|
clipping path service expert

pspdfppdfxhd

oh great, guess there will be more designers doing ALL there work in Photoshop.

Farabomb

Don't most do that already?

Just because it has the type tool don't mean you should use it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

yeah like a 48 page book on 48 layers, 200 dpi with about 50 different fonts used (not supplied), need a pdf proof in 2 hours, call the artist and they say: "I did it in Adobe! Wha'h happened?" :drunk3:

Farabomb

In the last month I've had 2 different designers say "the image is high res, why are you telling me it's low res?" After wrestling the natives from them it takes a minute to see it's placed over 100%. The best is one was placed at 256% and they had a larger version of the image used in another part of the piece that worked fine. Why didn't you use that one?

In the same piece they used a vector version of the logo on the cover and a jpeg in 4 other places. Same damn logo. I only notices because the jpeg was 4c black and the vector was 1c black.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

Once a client came in and gave me a PowerPoint file to print. Not so bad you say?

Problem was, that instead of setting the text directly in PowerPoint, the "designer" has really done the layout of each page in Photoshop, then made a JPG of each file and inserted them into PowerPoint. He really couldn't understand why the text is all kinda blurry. He concluded that since all the layout was done in Photoshop, so his file cannot be the problem. Printed one set only (wanted like 20 or 30) and then walked out of the door to find a shop that has better skills and equipment.

Didn't see him for long by the way. I guess he's still busy with searching...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Farabomb

It's never the designer's fault. They are perfect.

The same job with the 256% image there were some other low res images. When I got the new file some were gone but they still looked like crap. I was told the "client" told the designer to change it to 300 dpi in PS.

I had a long talk to the client after all the issues. Explained how alchemy doesn't exist. After the talk I don't think I will be seeing files from this designer anymore.

Sorry guys, I didn't cull the herd. She's still out there and one of you will end up with her files. The good thing is she is very nice on the phone, bad thing is after the call nothing will change.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

Is she from Taiwan? Feels like I somehow know her...
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.

Fontaholic

I can't tell you how many times I've had to ask clients / designers for vector-based versions of logos, when all I've gotten are screen-resolution JPEG files... :banghead:

Cheers,
John the Fontaholic :drunk3:

Joe

I can't believe you all receive shit like this. Every file I get is pristine and perfect.
 :sarcasm:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.