XMF Color Path Organizer won't load on Safari

Started by AaronH, December 28, 2018, 05:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Hey guys, I'm getting an odd issue. I can't open Color Path Organizer on Safari. I have Silverlight installed and it is in the Internet Plugins folder in the mac's library. It just shows this screen to download Silverlight.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

Good luck getting anything to run that uses Silverlight:

QuoteMicrosoft Silverlight is an application framework for writing and running rich Internet applications, with features and purposes similar to those of Adobe Flash. The run-time environment for Silverlight is available as a plug-in for web browsers running under Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. While early versions of Silverlight focused on streaming media, current versions support multimedia, graphics, and animation, and give developers support for CLI languages and development tools. Microsoft announced the end of life of Silverlight 5 in 2012. In 2013, Microsoft announced that they had ceased development of Silverlight except for patches and bugfixes. Microsoft has set the support end date for Silverlight 5 to be October 2021. Silverlight is no longer supported in Google Chrome since September 2015,and in Firefox since March 2017. There is no Silverlight plugin available for Microsoft Edge.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Now that you mention it, I tried to fire up ColorPath a few weeks ago and hit the same wall. I know Silverlight is a rampant pos, I've already got to place a call to Fuji Monday since Acronis on the server isn't performing backups correctly, I'll try to ask about this too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Haven't seen that in years. I kind of forgot about it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Slappy

talked to them today about a few things, they're aware of the ColorPath/Safari crapfest & the solution (for now) is to only use a specific Firefox Release on Mac, or IE on Windows. They said in the next XMF update, it'll be HTML5 and all browsers should be OK.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

AaronH

:facepalm: Ugh. I haven't been using that version of Firefox. I'll have to go download it. Thanks Slappy!

nordeuk@hotmail.com

Only ever got this to work when using Internet Explorer on a PC.... good luck using anything else, and/or MAC

DigiCorn

Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on January 16, 2019, 06:34:13 AMOnly ever got this to work when using Internet Explorer on a PC.... good luck using anything else, and/or MAC
But really, aren't WE ALL Internet Explorers?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

AaronH

Quote from: nordeuk@hotmail.com on January 16, 2019, 06:34:13 AMOnly ever got this to work when using Internet Explorer on a PC.... good luck using anything else, and/or MAC

Thanks. I got it to finally work on Firefox Extended Release 52. Firefox then promptly updated itself to the current release, 64 or something and ColorPath Organizer stopped working. I couldn't figure out what happened until I realized my tabs/windows looked different. It's now set to never update.

Quote from: DigiCorn on January 16, 2019, 10:29:55 AM
But really, aren't WE ALL Internet Explorers?

Haha! Was that a marketing campaign from Microsoft? Sorry, I just got back from being out sick most of last week with the flu. I'm not 100% sharp yet.

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Lyzan

Colorpath needs Silverlight. It is easier to make it run in Safari than Firefox or Chrome. Just configure Safari to enable Java and internet plug-ins, in this case Silverlight to "always allow".