News:

Main Menu

Outlook 365

Started by David, December 19, 2019, 11:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

for some bizarre reason, the accounting PC (running Win 7), refuses to send emails from Outlook.
I have quad-druple checked all the settings but still no joy.
When you go to do a new email, it makes a window and then puts it down in the task bar, but you can't open it or do anything.
The only way to send an email is to reply from a previously received email.

of course, when you troubleshoot it, microsoft can send test emails all day, but just not the actual person.

Any ideas?

:death:

TIA
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Yes I have some ideas. Outlook is a tool of the devil. Switch to Thunderbird. Working to fix Outlook issues makes me hate it with the heat of a thousand suns.

But actually that is one of the few things I haven't seen go wrong with Outlook. No help. Sorry. But I'll bet the person that uses that PC has issued the standard "I didn't do nothing" disclaimer more than once.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

yep.
We had an issue on Friday (the 13th), where our email quit working in the building. After several hours of tracking down the problem, it came to be a google issue. Fixed the problem and everybody can use email again.

In the meantime, the person in the accounting office, decided to do "nothing" and ever since, they have been unable to send emails.
I did find out that there was some kind of MS update/repair or whatever that got started by the "person that did nothing" and then apparently crapped out or quit before it was done. They had a guy stop by on Monday, he looked at  few things, blamed it on the anti virus software and left.
I found out later they he had deleted the entire MS office suite, so I got the joy of finding and re-installing the crap.

just shoot me now...
:banghead:
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Reminds me of the time I upgraded from Vista to Windows 8 and it deleted ALL non-MS software.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

I love  :sarcasm: the people when they said "I didn't do anything", and then you find out that they did one thing. And then after a half an hour of them finally explaining everything that they "didn't do". You are able to finally fix it, hopefully...quickly.  :shoots_self:
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

David

yeah, my usual reply is " ok, what were you doing right before you didn't do anything?"

:hangme:
Livin' la Vida Loca

scottrsimons

My response is usually, since you didn't do anything, neither do I. :police:  And turn around and walk away. That usually makes them change their story.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

StudioMonkey

Quote from: Joe on December 19, 2019, 11:35:28 AM
Outlook is a tool of the devil. Switch to Thunderbird.

This
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana