Convert Scitex LW/CT format to something usable?

Started by G_Town, July 24, 2017, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on July 24, 2017, 08:05:50 PMGood luck with that. I root for anyone trying to escape printing.
Does that include when I die?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

howardl

Hello,

I am new here (hi everybody), and have the same issue. I have a bunch of old CT files that I would *desperately* be able to convert to any kind of raster format readable by the adobe suite, preferably photoshop.

Joe, does the Prinergy solution work? I'd be happy to pay you to convert a dozen 20MB files or so.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help and happy new year....

-Howard

howardl

Ooops,  I discovered that the problem was that my test file was corrupted. Some of the other files opened, um, right in PS.

Sorry 'bout that. Nothing to see here. Move along folks....

-H
:hello:

Joe

Yeah Photoshop should open any Scitex CT. Years ago in Photoshop 3 we had a plug-in that would also open the LW but needless to say that I do not have it and don't even remember the name of it.

As far as Prinergy we've never had the need to try it. It is possible I might need a license for that feature to work. If you can send me a CT/LW I'll be glad to give it a try. (I know you got the CT's to pen in PS but if you have a CT/LW combo I would gladly try that. MY guess is that Prinergy would combine the two together into a PDF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

howardl

Thank you Joe for your offer! I'm OK for now, but still mourning the corrupted file (one of my favorite shots from over 20 years ago).

-H

Joe

You could possibly edit it with a hex editor good enough to get it open in Photoshop. Sometimes it is just file header info that gets corrupted. How big is the file?

howardl

Yup, I had the same idea, but the whole start of the good file is completely different gibberish than the corrupted one. But I still need to open the other ones and do some experiments. All hope is not yet lost.

Joe

File header should be similar to this for a Photoshop saved Scitex CT. Created directly from a Scitex system may look a bit different or maybe not.

howardl

thanks again, will work on this tomorrow... best wishes for 2018,

H