News:

Main Menu

PDFLib plugin

Started by DigiCorn, January 25, 2011, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Oh ya? I call bullshit.

I just tried a demo of my own template on the server and it doesn't work AT ALL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, it's about 5% working...that only took all damn day to accomplish.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 26, 2011, 04:25:48 PM
Quote from: gnubler on October 26, 2011, 04:05:19 PMWhat versions are you using?

I have Acro 9 Pro and PDFlib 4.3p1

My block edit screen looks diff. :death: I've been screwing with this on and off ALL DAY.
Acro 9 and PDFLib 3.5

I see your "Custom" tab is an expanded arrow. That's where the shape command should go. Is it still not working properly? Also, Nake sure textflow is set to "true," wherever it is on your version. I took these screenshots from a Mac, but I was told to only work in Windows by printlinqs. I guess their server won't recognize Mac stuff, but I can still edit code on Mac as long as I upload (and point back) to Windows fonts.

I don't have textflow in my GUI. Awesome. The shape/caps command doesn't work, PDFlib didn't pick up any font properties at all so I had to enter them manually, and on the server it's not seeing the italic or bold version of the font even though I uploaded them.

So basically, it's almost not working at all. I want to die. Or kill.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

I have not found a free user forum anywhere. Corn, if you know of a webdev forum where PDFlib is covered please post. PDFlib offers support but that's where the *free* part of it ends.

gnubler

I don't know what that is but if it works I'll try some. Want to trade for some hot sauce?

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on October 27, 2011, 07:34:36 AMI have not found a free user forum anywhere. Corn, if you know of a webdev forum where PDFlib is covered please post. PDFlib offers support but that's where the *free* part of it ends.
I know of no free ones... But Prinlinqs has a free forum for subscribers called "the Portal." Cool name... too bad no one ever goes there, and they rarely, if ever, update it. You could try to sign up for the Portal and see if they let you join without an account at Printlinqs. It's run by a company called ePower, aka Racadtech. http://support.racadtech.com/Main/Default.aspx

One thing, though. The people at Printlinqs have also modified their site custom tailored with new code, so I may be using a bastardized version of PDFLib blocks that has been mutated from the original form. All I know is that it works for me, and I can make a pretty complicated card with lots of variables and dropdowns in about an hour or so.

Have you remapped the fonts via your website storefront? We have to. It's lame. See screenshot.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Quote from: gnubler on October 27, 2011, 08:34:20 AMI don't know what that is but if it works I'll try some. Want to trade for some hot sauce?

Anti-anxiety meds and a CDS. I have more hot sauce than I know what to do with.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I know a good remedy to eradicate anxiety: quit printing.

Corn, my designer storefront doesn't look like that. I'll post more info later about the engine. When I start posting with more f-bombs you'll know I'm back working on it.

DigiCorn

Whoa! Joe is splitting threads left and right. Cornfused!  :huh:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 27, 2011, 12:27:01 PMWhoa! Joe is splitting threads left and right. Cornfused!  :huh:

What? I split one...where did you learn math?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on October 27, 2011, 12:31:01 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on October 27, 2011, 12:27:01 PMWhoa! Joe is splitting threads left and right. Cornfused!  :huh:

Barbazon.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on October 27, 2011, 12:31:01 PM

Sorry. My bad. Ear split the other one. Left and right is two. And there were two threads split. Not bad for socially awkward 11-year-old!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler