Unable to reach Adobe servers

Started by madbugger, September 23, 2021, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbugger

Hi, We have an issue with Acrobat being unable to reach the adobe servers to verify subscription status. This issues cropped up about 8 weeks ago.

Our server is an HP ProLiant350p running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. It is our Apogee server. I understand that this is an older OS, but it works fine for Apogee and in our environment. Upgrading is not currently an option.

The copy of Acrobat is our second use of Licence, other allowed copy is running fine on Mac.

Nothing changed overnight that we can pinpoint, working one night, not the next morning. Previously, it had been running fine without issue for over 12 months.

Have gone through every suggestion that Adobe has in their troubleshooting guide numerous times, we can see the logos when checking if we can connect to Adobe server, internet works on our server, no firewall in place, creative cloud uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, as has Acrobat been.

Anyone else encountered this issue or have any suggestions as to how to resolve it?

Thanks,
Geoff
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

scottrsimons

Have you tried just going to Adobe's website and logging in there with you credentials? That is always my first step in troubleshooting my login issues. If it doesn't work there, then it's probably a password or maybe a billing issue, and the webpage should tell you.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Have you tried rebooting that server?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

We had to install the Creative Cloud on our PC (windows OS, not a server OS) that was running a single copy of Acrobat. It wouldn't launch until we installed Creative Cloud and then logged in thru that.

Good Luck!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

RMPrepress

We had this same exact issue last week on one Mac.
We were also having an issue where Acrobat was caught in a loop of thinking it needed to update but would not.
After hours of trying this and trying that we finally through in the towel and called Adobe support.
Fixed it in 15-20 minutes.
I am usually pretty good at troubleshooting that stuff but not this time.
The adobe rep was all over the place deleting files etc. then reinstalled the creative cloud app and Acrobat i think.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Possum

Did you turn the computer off and on?

:lmao:
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

madbugger

If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent