News:

Main Menu

Azura cleaning unit

Started by jimking, July 08, 2011, 08:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

We have a Azura C85/C120 cleaning unit that uses only gum. It's about 4 years old. I've had issues with pumping the gum from its container to the processor a few times. I'm curious to know about the gum container which has a small cap that is screwed to a closed stem that one can drive an opening in, using a nail or drill, to prevent a vacuum. Currently I do not open that stem. Hoses and a screw cap are inserted onto the main opening of the container and screwed down preventing any outside air from entering. The hoses are submerged into the gum. My question is should that stem be opened or kept shut. Thanks

DigiCorn

Quote from: jimking on July 08, 2011, 08:11:51 AMWe have a Azura C85/C120 cleaning unit that uses only gum. It's about 4 years old. I've had issues with pumping the gum from its container to the processor a few times. I'm curious to know about the gum container which has a small cap that is screwed to a closed stem that one can drive an opening in, using a nail or drill, to prevent a vacuum. Currently I do not open that stem. Hoses and a screw cap are inserted onto the main opening of the container and screwed down preventing any outside air from entering. The hoses are submerged into the gum. My question is should that stem be opened or kept shut. Thanks
Our C95 has a hole in the hose just above the clamp. It's annoying, because sometimes when cleaning, if you yank the hose out of the rinse prematurely, water shoots out the hole.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Rabid

Ours is a C125. It has two hoses going into the container, no holes that I can see. We have had a couple of issues with it, and they replaced a faulty pump.
Otherwise the plates have been great.

Santa

Hey Jim,

That green 'Valve" is actually a filter.  They should screw off and inside is a plastic mesh filter that can clog and cause pumping issues (took mine 4 years as we did not know it existed) Just remove the filter, rinse under hot water, replace and all should be well.  We now rinse every time we change the gum.

After re-reading your post we may be talking about two different valves. Attaching a picture here of the one that is the filter.

DigiCorn

That looks different than ours. Ours has a hose coming off the bottom, and we drain into an old bucket. It's on the opposite side of the unit from the chemistry. True that about the filter, tho
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jimking

That dagnabit filter! Well, that filter was an issue several months ago and someone else fixed it. With the recent issues I've been eyeballing that filter thinking I had to totally disconnected the whole thing to get access to the filter and was avoiding it. Well it is just a screw cap. Friday I cleaned it and the gummer runs like new. Thanks everyone!