News:

Main Menu

Prinergy 5.3

Started by menzy, February 10, 2020, 09:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

menzy

Hi Guys,
First time ever working with this Prinergy 5.3 and I have done research to understand the basics and how it all works (high level).

I have a client who's software has just "died" after some changes in the network (power surge) blew his modem and therefore no way for me to find what was setup to make this work... however upon further investigating and part of the software they all need "araxi" which is an Oracle designed DB.

That service refuses to start (stuck at "starting"), looking through the logs I was able to find this: (There are a few errors) but this one seems most related:

Quote(UTC 2/11/2020 5:54:41 AM) E 10Feb20 21:54:41.984 [964.5080] HW28653-03 ARAXI PJtpAgentD.main iDBIF_ThrowDBException.cpp(77): A database-related error occurred; [SERVERERROR] ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred

Any help would really be appreciated as this client has been unable to use his machines for over 2 weeks now!
Thank you

scottrsimons

Not sure on the DB side of things, but with all things Kodak, do you have a user on the server that has admin rights called "Araxi"? And with Prinergy 5.3, if you do not, you will need one, and the password is that same but all UPPERCASE.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

menzy

Yes, this server has been working fine for over 5 years now, according to the owner nothing has changed

scottrsimons

Can you post the other errors? Maybe one of the other ones will lead us to the solution.

Joe

From that error message the server name is HW28653-03. Is the server name still that? Every Prinergy Server has to have an administrator account named ARAXI (case doesn't matter own the username). As scottrsimons has said the default password is the same as the user name but all upper case. Many people change that password as they should because hacker groups know the default password for Kodak servers and they have been compromised as a result. If the passwords are changed there are very specific steps that must be followed for both Prinergy and Insite.

A "modem issue" (if you mean a broadband modem, network switch, or firewall) would not cause an issue like this so something has indeed changed on their system.

On the Prinergy Server the built in Windows Firewall must be OFF. I would check that first. Also make sure that you can login to the araxi account. If by chance their server has been compromised the arame account may have had its password changed. So make sure the password they have for that server for the araxi account still works.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

menzy

Thank you for responding team.
However everything checks out.

I must notify this, the customer got so frustrated that he put some CDs in and did some re-installs of applications, he doesn't recall which ones but I thought it's worth a mention.

Using static IP
Password is as it should be with the user created and setup as a service account.
Server name is the same
Firewall is Off
Araxi Service is setup to run as ARAXI username

Here is the log file (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WQR6A00bMolYEhv8qIHIuhxS4Uo3pZxiwTBV96CI0IE/edit?usp=sharing)

Thanks

Joe

An Oracle database issue like that above my skill set. I assume your customer doesn't have a service contract with Kodak since he isn't already dealing with them. But if it were me I would open a support case with Kodak. My guess is that originally it would have probably been an easy fix but his tampering probably made things a whole lot worse. But Kodak can probably fix it fairly quickly since Prinergy isn't running so the database should still be intact unless someone has been tampering with it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

scottrsimons

I would find an Oracle forum, and post the error there, maybe they can give you a lead on what it may be. As I'm not an Oracle db wiz, or anywhere close to it. But that is what I would do.

menzy

I hate to leave forums without end results. For this case we ended up restoring the server to using a backup that we had in play. This resolved the issue.
However we are now trying to move the server to VM.

Thanks for all your help! We can have this closed out.