News:

Main Menu

Save Window Size

Started by Slappy, February 16, 2021, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

This is driving me INSANE. I logged into XMF on another machine a month or 2 back, now on my Mac client whenever I have a new job & open the main window, it sized small and I have to drag it open every single time.

I seem to recall there was a "Save Window" size but I can't find it in the local Preferences-anybody know wtf I'm talking about?  :banghead:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

AaronH

I would love a feature like that. No idea if it does exist though. It drives me nuts.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Tracy

somehow mine stays the same I can't figure out how

Joe

On my Mac if I resize or move the window and exit the program when I open it back up it is the size and position I had just changed it to. I've tried about 5 times now and it always comes back to the size and position I had just moved it to. If yours isn't doing that maybe the prefs file is corrupt or something and isn't changing the size and position when you close the program.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Skryber

That happens to me in OptiScout on a PC. But if I restart the program, it goes back to normal. Quite annoying though.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on February 17, 2021, 01:20:25 PM
On my Mac if I resize or move the window and exit the program when I open it back up it is the size and position I had just changed it to. I've tried about 5 times now and it always comes back to the size and position I had just moved it to.
Does a NEW job have the same sized window too, or just jobs you've already worked on & re-open?

The latter is fine for me, it's only when I do a new one the window is all tiny & needs resizing.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

My XMF client is only for outputting plates. We don't have any jobs in it to open. :D

Slappy

I fouuuuuuund it!!!!!

I'm so smart. smrt

Joe

So smarty pants....where is it?

David

right where he left it...

it's always in the last place you look

:lmao:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Slappy

See? David knows!

(You'll need to Comment, Like & Subscribe to my utUbeZ Channel for the answer. Daddy's got bills to pay!!)

Slappy

OK, so - in the Administration Panels (little man icon) and then Templates->Job Templates it seems that where that initial window is placed, it'll save it for EVERY job that uses the same Template.
Kind of obvious now, and I know how I jacked them up too. When we did the recent G7 Certs a few months back, I had to update the Templates on a PC with a smaller monitor since it was near the color guy's calibration setup.

DigiCorn

Quote from: david on February 22, 2021, 03:17:28 PM
right where he left it...

it's always in the last place you look

:lmao:
Of course it's in the LAST place you look. After you found it, why would you keep looking?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway